Journeys begin

The vast lands of Skyrim are harsh. Freezing cold and always snowing, some parts stop snowing. Wars go on, crisis breaks free from the shackles it has been in for long times. Dread and Doom walk Nirn while the Divines watch as Chaos erupts from the roots of the world. Dragons return and Vampires are raiding. Destruction laughs and watches from his throne in the heavens.

Skyrim is falling apart, crumbling under the weight of the Thalmor, Dragons, and Ulfric Stormcloak's uprising. The Empire holding back a war long unwanted. I... I walked right into a trap. Right as I stepped across the boarder Imperial soldiers marched in and captured some of Ulfric's men. A horse thief too, and me, the Khajiit trying to boarder, lost in a mind of confusion, and dread.

"HEY I DON'T BELONG IN THIS CART AS A PRISONER!!" I shouted at the men who captured me.

"Be quiet cat. You too stormcloak." The soldier snapped back coldly.

"Hey, who are you?" A stormcloak asked me.

"Why do you need to know?"

"So at least we can die knowing we are not entire strangers."

"Dar'Jo."

I felt cold. The lands of Skyrim were not as warm as home.

"Horse theif, where do you come from" the stormcloak said.

"Why do you care?" An old man grumbled skittishly at the Stormcloak who's name was Ralof.

"A Nords last thoughts and sight should be of home."

"I am from Rorikstead." The shaken man said.

There was a man next to me wearing black robes and had his mouth covered. He looked familiar but I couldn't place it. Wait now I know...he was Ulfric! Where are they taking us. Where ever it was I found out sure enough.

"Helgen, funny when I was a boy these walls made me feel so safe. Now I want to tear the Imperial banners right off of them" the stormcloak went on.

We stopped. We hopped off the carriage and waited for our names to be called.

"Lokir of Rorikstead!" Shouted a Legate Imperial.

"No no no you made a mistake I am not a rebel! You'll never catch me alive" he ran but didn't make it. The woman in charge yelled archers and they shot him down. Right there in front of an inn.

"Ralof of Riverwood!" Shouted the Legate again.

"Ma'am she's not on the list, should we continue or let her off the hook?" The Legate said to the Officer.

"Leave that up to the Thalmor." She said.

A Thalmor walked up to me grabbed my face and pulled it a little closer as if she picked up a scrawny kid and was about to throw him. She looked at me most uncomfortable and then said "continue".

"I'm sorry, we will send your remains back to Elseweyr." The they pushed me to where everyone was lined up to meet the doors of death.

"First prisoner!" Shouted the Officer.

They moved up a Nord with red hair to the chopping block and threw him to the ground. They put his head on it and the axe came down, CHOP. His head rolled into a basket just underneath the block.

"Next the cat!" She shouted.

I walked over excepting the fact I was going to die. Then a strange noise came from the mountains behind us. We ignored it then I too was pushed to the ground. My head was on the chopping block. The axe was high in the air. Then a giant black creature- no a DRAGON came from behind and knocked the executioner over as the dragon landed on a tower and the axe just missed me.

I fell, and saw darkness then I was seeing again and heard, "Come on, Khajiit get up!"

It was a soldier. He grabbed me and pulled me over and out of the way of fire. Meteorites were falling everywhere and one nearly missed my head. Why was he helping me?

"Who are you!" I shouted with all the noisy confusion.

To be continued...