Chapter 2 1,095th Day Without Hiccup

If you guys were wondering, Chapter 1 was the chapter before this: Day 1 Without Hiccup :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

A S T R I D

Today was the 1,095th Day without Hiccup.
(A/N: I KNOW IT'S FAST FORWARD BUT IDC. I wasn't going to list down the days one by one xD)

I sat on the table with Snot, Tuff, Ruff and Fishlegs, but without Hiccup. A lot has changed these past 3 years. Puberty hit us.

"No guys, you know how scared I am of heights" Fishlegs whined.

Well, most of us.

Hiccup hasn't contacted us ever since he left that day. I knew he was busy, but he should have even a little bit time to send us mail or something.

"Come on, it'll be awesome" Snotlout said.

"Yeah Fishlegs" Ruffnut said.

"Guys don't force him" I said and turned to Fishlegs.

"You want me to stay with you?" I asked him.

He smiled at me.

"More fun for me" Tuffnut yelled on BarfBelch.

"No more fun for me" Ruffnut pushed him.

"No! Me" and that was the fight that the twins had daily.

"Come on" Snotlout led them to the edge of the cliff and started doing their dives.

I sat beside Fishlegs who was sitting against his Gronckle, Meatlug.

I sat against my Deadly Nadder too.

"Astrid, do you miss Hiccup?"

I sighed.

"Of course I do. I just wish he'd write you know?" I turned to Fishlegs.

"Me too" He said.

"How do you think he's doing?"

"He's out there fighting bad guys, being brave, being.... Missed" I teared up and placed my head in my arms on my knees.

"It's okay Astrid, 2 more years until he gets here right?" Fishlegs placed his hand on my shoulder.

"2 years is too long Fishlegs, I couldn't even last a year. I can't even believe I lasted this long" I replied.

"I've never seen you cry Astrid, wow. This must be really hard for you"

"You have no idea" I smiled at him wiping my tears away.

"Uh guys?" Ruffnut called out to us.

"Snotlout has frostbite" Tuffnut chuckled and we saw Snotlout frozen completely, since it was winter now.

"Ugh Snotlout that's the 5th time this week" I groaned.

"I'll get the boiling water" Fishlegs said.

Ugh this is gonna be long 2 years more.

The past 3 years, we've been training dragons without Hiccup. We had to move on and pretend nothing happened. Weeks after Hiccup left, everyone returned to their jolly viking ways. It's kinda only me grieving everyday, missing Hiccup. I'd put on fake smiles and go out acting as if I was enjoying everything, when clearly I wasn't.

I was also giving Stoik and Gobber some company, and they really appreciate my company. We tell stories and me and Stoick even had some gossip moments. Who knew there was this side of him?

And at the end of the day, I grieve. Every single day. I sit on the cliff every sunset, always thinking that maybe somewhere, Hiccup was looking at the same sunset too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Woop woop two years more and then Hiccup is back. Next chapter he comes back ;) with surprises in store! Stay tuned!