Chapter 36 Astrid's Monsters

A S T R I D

I went to the forest to hang out with me, myself, and I.

I climbed a tree so I could get a closer look of Berk and the sunset. I looked at the horizon.

It reminded me of my dad. We always watched the horizon together.

"Dad! Look the sun is going to sleep again!" I pointed out to the sun almost asleep.

"I know lass, you wanna say good night to the sun?" He asks rubbing my head.

"GOOD NIGHT SUN!" I giggled.

I looked up at my dad and held his hand.

"Dad, when I grow up, I wanna be just like you" I said and he carried me.

I started playing with his beard. It was so fluffy.

"Why do you say that Astrid?" He asks.

"Because you're not afraid of anything" I replied and kissed his cheek.

"I love you dad" I said hugging him.

"I love you very much, my Astrid" He says.

"Promise that you'll always stay with me" I say brushing his beard with my fingers.

"I promise, lass"

...

"DAD!" I tried to reach out to him from under my bed. These huge monsters were destroying my home.

"Astrid stay there! Don't move!" My dad yells at me, wrestling with one of the monsters.

"But dad!"

"STAY THERE" He screamed and I cried. I had to stay there and watch daddy get picked up by the monster and the monster flew away.

"DAD!" I screamed as I got out of bed and looked up at the big hole on our roof. The dragon carried my dad away.

"Astrid!" He yelled. I saw him going farther and farther away.

"YOU PROMISED! DAD COME BACK!" I yelled but it was too late. He was gone.

"I thought you wouldn't leave me alone...." I said and fell down on the floor to cry.

....

I walked out of my house. I saw all the vikings lying on the ground. Are they sleeping?

I saw the houses were broken and there were house parts everywhere.

Gosh, the carpenters will take ages to fix this mess.

I looked down at my dress to see holes and dirt. Gosh, dad won't like this.

I walked more and saw my best friend sleeping on the ground too. I laughed and walked over to her.

I shook Annie, my best friend.

"Annie! Wake up! The monsters are gone" I said but she didn't move.

"Annie! It's me! Astrid!" I said starting to panic.

"Annie! Don't ignore me! I won't talk to you ever again!" I said shaking her. I shook her with all my might. I touched her chest and I pulled my hand back to see, red paint.

"Annie! What's this coming out of your chest?" I ask.

Why isn't she talking to me?