Chapter 24 The Tail

Now listening: The Romantic Flight off the HTTYD soundtrack XD idk why, but I listen to HTTYD songs when I write chapters. It keeps me in the zone.

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

A S T R I D

The next day, after I fed Stormfly, I went to the Great Hall as usual. I went inside to see the others hanging out with Emma.

"Morning guys, hey Emma!" I smiled at her.

She smiled back and stood up to hug me. She sat back down and resumed talking to the others.

Hiccup stood up and went to me.

"Hey" He simply said, placing his arms around my waist.

"Haddock" I greeted.

"Hofferson" He says back before kissing me. I pulled away and kissed his nose before approaching the others.

"Hey Astrid" They greeted.

"Hey guys. I've seen you met Emma" I said.

"Yes we have, she's actually cool" Ruff smiled.

"Yes, unlike the other female strays" I rolled my eyes.

"Strays?" Emma asks.

"Nothing to worry about" I smile. Hiccup sat back down on his chair. But the seats were fully occupied now. There was no seat left to sit on.

"The perks of having a boyfriend" Hiccup smirks before pulling me down to sit on his lap.

I smiled.

"Thanks"

"Anything for you" He smiles wrapping his arms around me.

"Let's be romantic like Hiccup and Astrid" Snotlout says to Ruffnut before picking her up and sitting her on in his lap.

It felt really weird seeing them all romantic like this because I was used to them always being brutal to each other.

"You know I'm working on a new project" Hiccup whispered to me.

"Really? What is it?" I ask.

"I'm making Toothless a tail that helps him fly without my help" He replies.

"That's nice, can I help?" I ask.

"That's sweet but you don't have to"

"Come on, pleaaase" I smiled.

"Fine, let's get started" He smiles standing up after I got off him.

"Guys me and Astrid are going to the blacksmith's" Hiccup said grabbing my hand.

"Alright, we'll see ya later bud" Fishlegs said and the others said goodbye to us.

~•~•~•~

It was just me and Hiccup and it has been hours of hard work and sweat. Well, mostly Hiccup's hard work and sweat.

"Alright, how does this look?" He asks holding out a tail that held out by itself. It looked exactly like a dragon wing, I was amazed. (Basically it's the tail Hiccup made for Toothless in 'Gift of the Night Fury' where they had Snoggletog)

"Wow Hiccup, it's amazing" I marveled at it. He set it down on the table.

"Alright, let me go get Toothless" He says before disappearing.

I touched the tail. Hiccup was gifted, he did an amazing job.

I suddenly heard loud roaring and saw Stormfly outside Gobber's out of control.