Chapter 17 Days Without Astrid

A S T R I D

I looked down to see Merida's arrow on my waist.

"Astrid! W-Why'd you do that?!" Hiccup held me as I didn't find the strength to carry myself.

Hiccup had his back to Merida. I looked at her and she was ready to shoot another arrow.

"Hiccup" I groaned and once Merida shot the arrow, I caught it mid air, just centimeters away from Hiccup.

He widened his eyes. I then saw the rest tackle Merida to the ground. My eyes began closing and Hiccup lifted my chin to meet his gaze.

"Stay with me Astrid, don't you dare close your eyes on me" He shook me.

"You're such a wimp" I said.

He then kissed me.

"I love you Astrid, don't leave me" He whispered.

"I love you more" I kissed his forehead. That's when his face started getting blurry.

"NO NO NO, ASTRID" His voice started sounding farther and farther. I felt like I was paralyzed.

"SHE'S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD" Fishlegs yelled.

Then pure silence combined with darkness was what engulfed me.

The last thing that was on my mind was,

Am I dead?

~•~•~•~

It has already been 2 weeks.

Berk has been waiting for Astrid to wake up from her sleep. She was in a deep coma.

The day she fell unconscious, Gothi saved her just in time. Merida was taken down and been sent away. Stormfly obediently waited for Astrid to wake up. She rested at the foot of Astrid's best, waiting for any sign of movement.

Hiccup has been visiting Astrid every single day. And sometimes even sleeps over. He has been torn and broken. He holds her hand and he kisses it. He tells her stories and everything that has been happening around Berk lately. He never failed to tell her how beautiful she is everyday, that he loved her more than anything, and thanked her everyday for taking Merida's shot. He always hoped that he took it instead of her, and told her he wished they could just change places. Anything for her to be happy again. He would stroke her hair and braid her hair if ever her hair would get messy, then he'd kiss her forehead.

Stoick was gloomy lately with the news of one of his best friends. He comforted Hiccup when Hiccup was isolating himself away from the others. Stoick would bring Astrid flowers, dandelions. Astrid's favorite. He would be the one who feeds Stormfly when she didn't want to leave Astrid's side.

Snotlout always spent his mornings with Astrid. Hoping that she'll hop out of bed and punch him in the face, saying how complete of an idiot he is. He was the one who sharpens and cleans Astrid's axe whenever he got the chance to.

Tuffnut and Ruffnut would talk to Astrid to keep her company. They felt really broken hearted that no one would break up their annoying fights now. They would take turns talking to her and a little arguments happened here and there.

Fishlegs would bring over Meatlug so Stormfly wouldn't be lonely. Everytime he visits Astrid, he'd also bring chicken, her favorite snack. He says that she hasn't had a proper meal since 2 weeks ago. He always makes sure that everything around Astrid was clean and nothing else would disturb her.

Gobber always brought new tools to show Astrid in case she wanted more stuff to pound other stuff with. He knew Astrid loved pounding. He even shed a tear looking at the pale lifeless body before him.

As for Gothi, she feeds Astrid some kind of liquid so she doesn't starve in her coma.

Toothless and the other dragons would take turns pounding on her roof gently, in hopes for her to wake up.

...

It has been a month and some people were starting to lose hope on Astrid. They left flowers on Astrid's doorstep.

Hiccup got really mad because they treated her like she was either dying or that she was already dead. He'd go to Astrid's house to cool off and he'd whisper sweet things into Astrid's ear.

He'd make sure she was warm in cold nights, on rainy days, or hold her hand when there were thunderstorms.

Everyone's routine has been the same ever since that month ago.

That day, she lost a lot of blood. Hiccup almost broke down at the sight of Astrid's blood on the ground.

He missed her so much. And he loved her.

The gang was never the same. They always stared at the empty seat on the table in the Great Hall where Astrid usually stayed. They had no interests in flying, or even just training. They refused to train or fly until Astrid is there to join them.

They were a team.

All for one, one for all.

~•~•~•~

2 days later, everything changed.

Hiccup was about to leave after staying the night. He opened the door and right before he closed it behind him, he heard something.

"Hiccup?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

What'd ya guys think?

I totally cried writing this. No lie.

Next update soon!

I love you guys, thanks so much for voting and commenting! I smile at your comments and sometimes lol and mom would look at me like, 'wtf'.

I'm having fun with this book guys :) and I'm glad you like it.

I love you!

💋