Chapter 24 Ship Problems

A S T R I D

Here I was, waiting for the others at the same place where we saw Heather.

I didn't say goodbye to Hiccup, because I know it'll just leave him wondering and it would leave me hurt.

I tapped my foot.

"We're here!" I heard rustles behind me and I saw it was the others with satchels on their shoulders. Fishlegs had the biggest one though.

"What the? Fishlegs we're going on a rescue mission! Not a camping trip!" I said.

"I brought blankets in case we get cold, some things to heal ourselves with, some food..." And he kept going on and on but we heard rustling nearby.

We hid behind the trees and saw Heather with another dragon, bringing it to a boat that was approaching the shore.

I watched them carefully. The second Heather places the dragon in the boat, the men tie them up and placed huge muzzles on their mouth.

How cruel.

We waited until Heather and the boat disappeared and we went to our small ship which we borrowed from Stoick, well borrow without asking.

We hopped in and looked at each other.

"Anyone know how to operate this spaceship?" Tuffnut asked.

"Ugh do I have to everything" I groaned and went behind the steering wheel.

"Release the sail" I said and they obeyed. Hm.

I could become a captain of a ship.
Alright, not now Astrid.

"Ruffnut, you climb up and look where the Outcasts are headed" I ordered and she obeyed.

"The rest guard the ship" I said.

"I'll steer" I whispered operating the wheel.

"Alright, they're right there!" Ruffnut pointed ahead. But the thing is, she's pointing right to a fog.

I groaned.

"Be specific! Are they north eastern of us?" I ask.

"What?" She asks nervously scratching her head. I sighed.

"Are they at our left or our right side?" I asked.

"Right! Go right!" She says.

"Just make sure we don't get too close to them! They might see us!" I said.

"Alright, now go left" She said and I went left.

"Hey can I drive?" Snotlout asks.

"You can't even drive Hookfang that well, how much more a ship? I can't risk us crashing into something" I say.

"Fine, I was better off not a driver anyway" He says walking away.

"Alright, now right!" Ruffnut yelled.

"Ruffnut shut your pie hole!" I spat.

"Sorry" She whisper-yelled.

This is gonna be a long drive.

~•~•~•~

30 minutes and confusions later, we finally got close to an island.

"Alright, stop here, they might see us if we go further" Ruffnut said.

"Release the anchor!" I said to Tuffnut.

"Banker?"

"Anchor!" I said.