Chapter 14 Don't Mess With Mad Astrid

A S T R I D

I was walking to the Great Hall when someone joined me.

"Hello m'lady" He kissed my cheek.

"Hello Haddock" I greeted.

"Have you heard about the poisoned viking? Good thing Gothi knows what to do with it. She says someone came in and fed him some weird liquid. The liquid is was only made by one witch though"

Merida. Merida must've asked the witch to make her some.

"Oh, I'm glad Gothi has a cure" I sighed.

He held his arm around my waist.

"Yeah, and you're not hurt" He kissed my forehead.

Merida, looks like you're plan has backfired. Gothi has a cure for it.

"Where are you headed?"

"Oh to the Great Hall" I answered.

"Oh alright, let's go" He dragged me with him.

~•~•~•~

"Shut up Tuff!" Ruff threw her helmet at Tuff.

"Ugh just stop" I groaned placing my hands on my head.

They were arguing about who ate the last chicken leg. Why can't Fishlegs just admit he did?

"You know what? You two need to cool off" I stood up.

I went in between Tuff and Ruff when Tuff threw the helmet to Ruff, but I caught it mid air. I threw it at Tuffnut.

"Stop! You guys keep fighting over the stupidest things!" I groaned.

"She ate the last chicken" Tuff yelled.

"No I didn't! You did!" Ruff yelled back.

"Shut up I don't care who ate the last chicken" I growled and grabbed both their ears.

"Ooh you made Astrid mad" Snotlout teased.

"No one wants to mess with Astrid when she's mad" Fishlegs nodded.

Hiccup just looked at me with amazement in the corner or my eye.

I dragged them outside the Great Hall.

"You guys talk and work this out" I said before slamming the door shut.

I sat back down and sighed.

Hiccup rubbed my back.

"Gosh it's loud. I didn't even sleep lastnight and--"

"What?" Hiccup asked.

Snotlout and Fishlegs widened their eyes and made a gesture where they look like they're cutting off their throats, saying no at the same time.

"It's so loud" I said looking at Hiccup.

"Wait no, you didn't sleep lastnight?" He asked.

"Yeah, that too" I mumbled.

"Why?"

"Uhm I had to.. Clean my house"

"In the middle of the night? Astrid, please. The truth" He held my hand.

Should I tell him? Or nah?

"MERIDA IS OUT TO GET YOU AND ASTRID IF SHE DOES NOT STAY AWAY FROM YOU MERIDA WILL POISON EVERYBODY AND THE DRAGONS SHE WANTS THE DRAGONS AND SHE WANTS YOU HICCUP BECAUSE SHE REALLY REALLY LOVES YOU AND-"

I threw a plate at Snotlout's sudden outburst.

"Shut up!" I hissed.

I groaned.

"What? Is this, true?" Hiccup asked me.

"I didn't want to tell you, I know you like Merida and I was scared you wouldn't believe me. So I took night watch last night, and ended up sleeping in Bucket and Mulch's sheep pen" I looked down.

Hiccup hugged me tight. I was shocked, isn't he going to yell at me for being jealous?

"Astrid.... Don't ever put yourself to do that again" He whispered.

I nodded.

"And who said I won't believe the girl I know for my whole life? And the girl I love?" He smiled at me.

I smiled back and hugged him.

"Thank you Hiccup" I said.

"But we can't not do anything. We have to keep our eyes open. She will strike sometime, she wants you Hiccup. She wants to take you away" I growled.

He lifted up my chin so I could look at him.

"Hey hey, I'm never ever leaving you okay?" He kissed my forehead.

"I know" I whispered back.

"I'll tell my dad about this, this way, he can have some guards up" Hiccup suggested.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes, for the safety of the people" He said kissing my forehead before fleeing.

I turned to Fishlegs and Snotloud smirking at me.

"You guys were awfully quiet" I mumbled.

"Well, wouldn't want to disrupt your intimate session back there" Snotlout replied and I kicked him off the table.

"You're so brutal"

"And you're annoying" I smirked.

~•~•~•~

It was now night time and I was currently in the forest. Even though Stoick has his guards up, it still felt like I should be the one responsible so I stayed up.

I was sharpening my axe while Stormfly slept beside me.

I stared at the beautiful moon. I sighed. I closed my eyes for a while slowly drifting off to sleep.

I then heard Stormfly roar really loud and I looked to see her tangled up in ropes, hanging from a tree.

"Huh?-AHH-HEEE-" My mouth got covered by this weird smelling cloth. And the last thing I saw was orange messy hair, dragging me away from my roaring dragon. I tried to struggle but it was no use, my body was weakening, and then I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Looks like Merida won't rest until she gets what she wants huh?

Tsk tsk tsk Merida.

Well anyways that's another update ;)

I love you guys!

💋