Chapter 27 Pale and Lifeless

A S T R I D

Here I was on Hiccup's bed. It's been 3 long days. I kissed his forehead before standing up. Wow, this must be how he felt when I was in a deep coma.

3 days ago, we disposed of the Outcasts and Alvin. And don't forget Heather. We scared them off, and we're not sure if they'll strike again or not.

But for now, Hiccup is my top priority.

"I'll be back, don't move" I said to the pretty much lifeless boy on his bed.

I laughed silently.

"What am I saying?" I said to myself. I went out of his house and walked to the port to get some fish to feed Toothless.

"Hey Astrid, how's Hiccup?" Bucket asks as he brings in a fresh pile of fish in a net.

"Not a single flinch" I said and he smiled at me sympathetically.

I shrugged and grabbed a bucket of fish. I brought it back to Hiccup's house.

"Hey Astrid, haven't talked to you for 3 days" Snotlout suddenly says running up to me.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to miss the second Hiccup wakes up" I say.

"Oh, I understand" He says before walking away frowning.

The gang have been visiting Hiccup too, just not as much as I do. I'm pretty much there 24/7.

As I approached Hiccup's house, I saw Toothless perched on the roof.

"Hey boy, time for your meal" I say before pouring the bucket of fish to the ground. I looked at Toothless as he hurriedly ate the food.

I sighed.

Hiccup, when are you waking up?

It's almost the Snoggletog event. Don't make me attend alone.

"You done boy?" I ask as I widened my eyes at Toothless already licking the bucket dry.

Wow, fast eater.

Toothless then resumed perching on Hiccup's roof and pounded. That's what he would do when he wanted to wake Hiccup up for early morning flying.

"Astrid?" I heard someone say and I turned around to see Stoick.

"Hello Sir" I greeted.

He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I appreciate you coming for Hiccup these past 3 days, but now I think it's time you take a rest, come back tomorrow" He suggested.

"It's okay sir, I'm just.... returning the favor" I say as I remembered his last words he said before he fell unconscious.

He smiled at me.

"Alright, thank you. I'm very grateful my son has fallen in love with a girl like you" He says hugging me. I hugged back.

"I'm lucky to have someone like your son in my life" I said smiling.

We pulled away.

"Look after him alright?" He asked.

"Always sir" I replied.

"Stoick, call me Stoick" He insisted.

"Okay, Stoick" I smile, the alien feeling of saying his first name overpowering.

I proceeded to go inside the house and into Hiccup's room.

"I'm back" I said and walked to sit down on Hiccup's chair.

"Not even a single sign?" I ask him as I traced my fingers on his cheek. I rubbed his cheeks as I fixed his hair with my other hand. His skin was cold, and his breaths were slow.

"If you wake up, I'll forget the fight we had with Heather. I'll forgive you" I say tearing up. I quickly wiped the tears away.

Then the room started getting chilly.

I saw the window was open so I rushed to close it. When I turned around, I saw Hiccup's arm hanging on the bed side.

Hm?

I'm pretty sure he had his arms at his sides. I walked over to fix his arm back at his side.

I sat back down on the chair.

"You know? Toothless is waiting for you to bring him out flying. I would, but I don't know how to operate his saddle" I joked.

"But he really misses his best friend" I said stroking his soft auburn hair.

I started then softly humming to the tune Stoick would hum. For the Dancing and The Dreaming.
(Love that song)

I took his hand in mine and kissed it.

I yawned then I got a bit sleepy. I decided to lay my head on Hiccup's arm, still holding his hand tightly.

...

I walked towards Hiccup's house when Stoick ran outside.

"HICCUP'S DEAD! HE'S NOT BREATHING!" He cried out to me.

"WHAT?!" I couldn't believe my ears. I ran inside the house and into Hiccup's room.

There he was, pale. Pale as paper. Still as rock. Unalive like death.

"Hiccup?" I say and approached him.

"HICCUP!" I shook his arm. I listened for a heartbeat.

Not a single beat.

I listened for a breath.

Not a single sigh.

Not even a bit.

"I'm not losing you! WAKE UP" I yelled at him, shaking him some more.

"HICCUP!" I cried.

I snapped my eyes open. Great Odin that nightmare scared me. (lol scared you didn't I? ;) )

I was still laying on Hiccup's arm and I lifted up my head. I saw Fishlegs sat on the other side.

"Hey Fishlegs, how's it going?" I ask him.

"Alright. We miss you Astrid. Just know we are here for you okay? If you need us we'll be in The Great Hall as usual"

"Thank you Fishlegs"

"Well, just visited to check up on him. I'll see you tomorrow. If not tomorrow, on the Snoggletog party I guess" He says smiling.

"Alright Fishlegs, thank you" I replied before he left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<•>

Awwww. If Hiccup doesn't wake up, who will she spend Snoggletog with?

:'(

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋