three

Jungkook jumped up as the lights outside flashed on, and the quiet alarm started ringing. He grabbed his rifle, even though he knew it would be almost useless against the Demon, and rushed the few meters to his bedroom to look at the monitors.

He frowned when he saw a pair of girls, hand in hand rushing towards the cabin, and flicked the alarm off, before heading quickly to the front door. As he reached for the handle, the girls began to bang against the wood. He could hear them screaming, and it was obvious that they were in a panic from the was they ran towards his home.

He yanked the door open, and the two girls that he had met earlier were trembling, almost hysterical as they both began to ramble at the same time.

"She called for help-"

"We heard him scream-"

"He told us to run but he's not here!"

"Where's Yoo-"

Jungkook grabbed them both by their upper arms and dragged them into his cabin, before slamming and locking the door behind them.

They were both breathing heavily and in tears, and he guided them to his little sofa, where he sat them down.

"I want you both to take a deep breath and count to ten, and then breathe out," He ordered softly, and after a moment of hesitation, where they turned to look at each other, they both did as they were told.

"You first," Jungkook addressed the one he remembered being called Kim, "Tell me what happened,"

Kim took another deep breath, still clinging to Daisy. She slowly pulled free and sat up, staring directly at Jungkook, much to his surprise.

"We were sleeping. We heard a scream, and then a woman calling out for help. Something didn't feel right, but Jimin and Yoongi climbed the fence to go and help her-"

Jungkook groaned and rubbed his eyes, "Great. They fell for it. Carry on,"

Kim looked at her friend in confusion, but continued to talk, "I heard... I heard my brother scream, and then Yoongi ran towards us, yelling at us to run. I saw... Something behind him,"

"It wasn't human!" Daisy cried suddenly, "It wasn't human, and it must have got him before he could reach us, we thought he was right behind!" She burst into a fresh set of tears, and Kim wrapped her arm around her, "It wasn't a bear," She sobbed, "It was some kind of monster,"

Jungkook sighed. He had warned them earlier not to cross the fence, but he had lied over why. They wouldn't have believed him, but he should have tried to move them on. It was no wonder he hadn't heard the Demon yet; it was hunting someone else.

"You know what it is," Kim whispered softly, "I know you do,"

Jungkook nodded, and Kim stood up angrily.

"Why didn't you warn us?!" She cried, "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"I told you that you shouldn't cross the fence," Jungkook snapped.

"You told us there were bears out there!" Kim yelled back angrily, "And now my brother and my cousin are dead!" She broke down in tears again as the reality of the situation hit her, and sank back down onto the sofa to hug Daisy.

"Would you have believed me if I told you there was a Demon out there?" Jungkook muttered, feeling bad for them, but also annoyed. He did blame himself for not trying harder, but no one believed him, "And they are probably not dead,"

Both girls looked up at him surprised, "They're not?" Daisy said, her voice cracking from the emotion.

"Did they fight back?" Jungkook asked, "Did they hurt it?"

Both girls shook their head and Kim whispered, "It was too fast,"

Jungkook nodded, "Then there is a high possibility that they are not dead. It is coming up for winter, and I've known the Demon to store food in its lair for when it's cold,"

"Then we have to go after them!" Daisy cried, jumping to her feet, "We need to save them!"

Jungkook shook his head with a sigh, and ran his fingers through his hair, "Not now. Not when it's dark. It's stronger in the dark; faster, quicker, more dangerous. We'll go when it get's light,"

"But what if we're too late?!" Daisy whimpered, her eyes filling with tears again.

"It's a risk you'll have to take," Jungkook said, "Unless you want to die, too?"

There was silence, and Jungkook huffed, "That's what I thought. Wait here, I'll get some blankets," He headed down the hallway and grabbed some blankets from the cupboard, before going back to the girls and passing them out.

"Are we safe, here?" Kim asked, still clinging to Daisy.

"Yes," Jungkook said, more confidently than he felt, "Just don't leave the cabin for any reason,"

Once the girls had settled in the living room, Jungkook headed to his bedroom, and laid soen on his bed, fully dressed with his boots still on. There was no way he was going to risk getting undressed tonight; the Demon might come back for the rest of them.

Daisy woke with a start. She was surprised that she had fallen asleep at all, but now she was awake, she could remember everything that happened. She slowly untangled herself from Kim and made her way into the small kitchenette to  have a glass of water from the tap. However, as she looked out of the window, she saw movement in the bushes on the other side of the fence, lit only by moonlight.

"Daisy!" A quiet groan sounded in the air, and Daisys eyes widened. She placed the glass on the counter and rushed to the front door, unbolting it and heading out into the night. She was momentarily blinded by the sudden, bright light of several lamps around the cabin, but she forgot about those quickly when she heard the voice again.

"Daisy! Baby, help me, I can't move!"

"Y-Yoongi?" She whispered, heading towards the fence, "Yoongi, is that you?"

"Baby, please, it hurts!"

"I'm coming, Yoongi!" Daisy cried, reaching for the fence, "I'll be right there, baby!"

---

AN: Unedited, what a surprise lmao.

I hope you're enjoying this, it's completely different to anything I've done before, so I'm still a bit unsure about each chapter!