fifteen

"It must be here," Jungkook muttered as they came to the open mouth to some sort of ancient mine. They could only see inside a few feet before it got too dark, and Jungkook pulled out his torch and shined it inside a little.

"Definitely here," 

Along the entrance, there were scattered piles of old bones, covered in rot and mud, and just from seeing them, Kim felt bile rise up in her throat, and staggered to the side to heave. Jungkook put his hand reassuringly on her back, his eyes not leaving the entrance to the mine.

Once Kim had brought up the only thing in her stomach; a protein bar that Jungkook had given her earlier, she wiped her mouth on the back of her hand and took a gulp of water from a bottle.

"Ready?" Jungkook asked, eyes still on the cave. Kim nodded and he unhooked his gun from his shoulder, "Remember what I said before," He said, his voice low, "Don't fire the gun unless you have no other choice. Just stick by me and don't make any noise,"

Kim nodded and pulled the flare from her back pocket. She knew that it wouldn't be as good as a gun, but at least it would keep the Monster away for a few seconds. Maybe.

She switched on her own torch, and kept it pointed low to the floor, so she could see in front of her, but wouldn't attract any unwanted attention. Every part of her being was screaming at her to leave this place; the hairs on her arms and the back of her neck were standing straight up, and even though it was fairly warm inside the mine, she felt cold. There was something horrifically wrong about this place.

"This way," Jungkook muttered under his breath, leading her further into the mine and straight past a few other tunnels.

"How do you know?" Kim whispered, "If you've never been here before,"

"The tracks," Jungkook answered, shining his torch down, "They only go this way,"

Deciding that Jungkook knew what he was doing, Kim closed her mouth and kept her eyes open for anything unnatural in the caves.

It felt like they had been in there for hours upon hours, and hadn't got anywhere. It felt like the walls were closing in on them, and Kim felt her chest tightening. The air was thick and heavy, like just before a thunderstorm, but there was a foul stench of decay and damp on the air, and Kim felt her stomach heave again. 

"Shit," Jungkook muttered, "The tracks are all over the place here,"

They had reached what looked like some kind of crossroad in the caves, and Jungkook crouched down slowly, "Keep an eye out," He mumbled, trying to get a closer look.

Kim trembled as she held her flare in front of her, ready to pull the little tab if she needed to. As her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could see more bones and what looked like piles of rotting clothes and material scattered about carelessly.

"It's one of two ways," Jungkook muttered, "But we can't spli-"

"Jungkook!" Kim hissed as she heard a dull thumping heading in their direction. Jungkook grabbed her, pulling her behind him and crushed her backwards into the wall, covering her with his body.

"Don't. Move," He said as quietly as he could between gritted teeth. He kept his chest against her, so if for any reason the Demon did see them, at least he would be able to distract it so Kim could get away.

He felt Kim grip his shirt with trembling fingers, and he could smell the stench of decay and death as the sounds of thudding drew closer.

The Demon swept past them slowly, and they could hear its foul breath catching and rumbling in its throat as it made it's way out of the mine. As they were a lot closer than she'd ever been before, Kim could see all of the tiny details on it's body.

Its back was hunched over, the spine visible through the thing, patchy brown fur, and its arms hung down low, with its clawed fingers folded over into its hand as it shuffled away. The jaw on the bleached white skull hung open a small amount, and even in the darkness, Kim could see a thin, almost hair width crack along the top underneath one of the deer-like antlers.

Once it was out of sight, Jungkook waited a few moments before slowly pulling away from Kim and letting her move from the wall.

"This way," He said, turning and leading her straight towards the direction the Demon had come from, "We'll start by checking out this area. We won't have long before it realizes we've been in it's territory, and it will track us back here,

Kim quickly followed Jungkook, and as they walked, she remembered the crack on it's skull.

"Jungkook, the Wendigo had a thin fracture in its head," She informed him quietly, "Could that be a weak spot?"

Jungkook took a deep breath, "Let's hope we don't have to test it out," He said gruffly, "Come on, down here,"

---

AN: I have had the worst couple of days you could imagine, so I'm sorry I haven't updated this as much as I wanted to.

I also accidentally deleted Fangs earlier today, so that's just put me in a terrible mood, on top of my bad mood already.

This fic will be ending soon, I think, but I won't rush the end. I'll try my best for you Bumblys :)

Not edited because FML right now