diary

I told them. I told them not to go. I shouldn't have been surprised when they didn't show up and I got the call from the police about them being attacked by a "bear". 

I snuck into the cabin when the police weren't paying attention. It was in the night, but the Wendigo won't show up when there is so many people around, in case it gives itself away...The journey back will be more difficult, but as long as I reach the fence quickly, I should be safe. Not guaranteed, but it hadn't crossed the fence yet, and it just fed, so there's less of a chance.

There was blood every where inside, so it was clear that the Wendigo killed my brother and his wife before dragging them away. That is unusual, but maybe it's because they fought back.

I don't know what happened to the girl, the boy was found in her bedroom with lacerations on his chest. He was lucky. It must have been focused on my brother, or it would have come back for him later.

It must have taken the girl, but when I wen't exploring, I could see no trace of her in or around the mines, where the Wendigo stays. It clearly had the parents, but the girl was not there. Later, on the way back, I found some little footprints leading away, so she must have escaped quickly. 

I did check with the police, but no one has found her, and the trail went cold when it reached the river; it looked like she slipped in. In this weather, she wouldn't have lasted five seconds in that rushing, icy water. I did keep looking, but there was no sign of her ever having gotten out of the water... And I found a wolf chewing on what looked like a small humans leg bone later. I was too late to save her.

I got a call from the police today, asking if I'd take custody of the boy. I agreed. I didn't want him to go to someone who wasn't his family, even if I wasn't very close with them. He probably doesn't even remember me, it's been so long since I've seen him.

I know he has seen the Wendigo, and I will teach him about surviving in these forests. When he grows bigger, I will teach him everything I know about this demon that haunts these woods, and we will kill it. It will be easier if I have help.

I'm getting older now, but I have to protect my nephew. He has no idea how lucky he is to escape the Wendigo, but now he has, he will be haunted for the rest of his living life. Living so close to it means that it will continuously taunt him until he snaps and goes after it. Either that, it will continue til he dies. If he wasn't living close, all my research says that it would have found him and dragged him back anyway, no matter where he lives.

I should know.

I'll keep this journal entry separate from my others, just in case I forget to take it out when I start to teach him about the Wendigo. I don't want him getting false hope about his sister.

RIP My brother Jeonhyung, and his loving wife Jisoo.

RIP Their youngest child and first daughter, Jeon Bee.

I promise, I will protect Jeon Jungkook.

---

AN: OKAY! I GAVE YOU A HUGE SPOILER, I HOPE YOU APPRECIATE THIS! XD

Now you know something that the characters don't, huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue *evil laughs into eternity*

I'm sitting in the sun on my balcony. We don't usually get sun here, it's gone to my head lol