twenty three

Kim stepped back as both Jungkook and Bee let out sobs and embraced each other.

"I saw it kill you," Bee sobbed, her face buried in Jungkook's chest, "I saw it before it took me!"

"How did you get away?" Jungkook pulled back from his little sister, "I've never known anyone to get away,"

Bee looked up at him, "I still don't know. I was hanging there but maybe it didn't realise I was a lot smaller. The ropes weren't tight and I slipped out and then just ran as fast as I could,"

Jungkook pulled her in again for a hug, "I missed you so much. It tormented me every night with your voice. I couldn't save you and I... I..."

"I'm sorry I didn't come back," Bee said, "I thought you were dead and I was too scared,"

Kim felt a little awkward standing and watching the exchange. She was also shocked to find out that the very same girl that Jungkook was tortured by every single night was her brother's girlfriend. She was happy that they had reunited, however, so despite the awkwardness, she just stood to the side with a smile on her face.

The door to the room that Jimin was resting in opened, and Yoongi stepped out, "Bee, you're here, thank- what's going on?"

Bee turned away from Jungkook when she saw Yoongi. With a whimper she wrapped her arms around him tightly, "You're safe, thank God,"

"Ah, yeah," Yoongi held her, "What's going on?"

"Is Jimin awake? Can I see him?"

"Yeah, he's- what's going on?!"

Ignoring him still, Bee let go of Yoongi and gave Daisy a hug, before heading into the room and closing the door behind her.

Jungkook stepped back and sank into the seat he was previously seated in. He let out a deep breath and ran his fingers through his thick, dark hair.

"Anybody want to explain?" Yoongi asked, "I mean, you did save our lives but..."

"Bee is Jungkook's little sister," Kim answered for him, as he seemed to be having trouble with his emotions, "She was scared to come back here and was so adamant that we didn't go because she knew,"

Daisy's eyes widened, "What? She knew? Wait, she's your sister, Jungkook?"

Jungkook nodded, "She was taken away from me by the creature. I thought she was dead. I didn't know... I didn't know she was still out there," He rubbed his hands across his face, "I didn't know,"

Kim sat next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder, "It's not your fault, Jungkook. Both of you thought the other was gone. But it doesn't matter now! The creature is gone and you and our sister have finally been reunited!"

Jungkook turned to look at her, a smile on his face, "Yeah," He breathed out, "Yeah, you're right,"

***

"Bee?" Jimin croaked out when he saw a familiar figure enter the room, "Is that you?"

Bee moved to the side of the bed and sat down. She reached out, taking his hand and pressing a kiss to his palm.

"You're such an idiot, Park Jimin," She said, clearly trying not to cry, "You want to break up with me that bad you try and get yourself killed?"

Jimin huffed out a soft laugh, "I'm sorry. I didn't do it on purpose, I promise,"

Bee scooted the chair closer and leaned down, putting her face on Jimin's neck, "Please don't do something so stupid again,"

"You were right," Jimin said, "You said the forest was dangerous. You were right. How did you know?"

Bee hesitated, lifting her head, "I haven't been completely honest with you. My family weren't murdered by a crazy serial killer. The demon in that mountain killed them - most of them,"

Jimin frowned, "You've been there before? You- You've seen the creature? Is that why you didn't want us to go?"

The blonde nodded, "I'm sorry, I should have tried harder. I didn't want to suffocate you, but maybe if I had have thrown a fit over you going you wouldn't be hurt so bad," Tears began to roll down her cheeks and she wiped at them angrily, "Still," She sighed before Jimin could say anything, "One good thing came out of this?"

Jimin smiled, "My manly scars?"

Bee laughed a little, "Well, that too. So manly and sexy," She rolled her eyes, "But no. I met my brother again,"

"Your brother?" Jimin asked, "Who? One of the doctors?"

"Jungkook," Bee said, "Jungkook is my big brother,"

"Oh," Jimin closed his eyes wearily, "Well that's good. Now you have someone to walk you down the aisle,"

Bee froze, "What?"

"Well it isn't the best place to ask, but I was planning on asking you to marry me. You will, right?"

"Park Jimin, oh my God!"

***

A few weeks later, the doctors gave Jimin the all-clear to head home. It would be a long drive back, but they were all so much happier to be able to leave. Except for Jungkook.

"What's wrong?" Kim asked Jungkook as they waited outside the hospital for Yoongi, Bee and Daisy to bring her brother out, "You don't look happy,"

He sighed, "I don't know what to do with my life anymore, Kim," He muttered, "I've spent my life living in that cabin and looking out for people. The Wendigo is gone and my baby sister is back. What do I do?"

"I don't know exactly what your plan is next," Kim said, looking up at him, "But you can come with us? I have a spare room in my apartment,"

"Kim, I couldn't-"

"I want you to," Kim interrupted him, "After everything you've done for us, the least I could do is help you out. You don't have to stay with me for long if you don't have to, but the room is yours,"

Jungkook took a deep breath, "Thanks. Maybe I will. Maybe I'll try to move on with my life, now that the forest is safe from the demon,"

Kim reached up and grabbed his collar, before pulling him down. She kissed him quickly on his lips, before pulling away, her cheeks red. Jungkook's eyes widened, and his own cheeks heated up.

"You can move on with me, if you want," She said, averting her eyes.

Jungkook couldn't help but smile. He tilted her chin so she was looking up at him, and kissed her again, "Yeah, I want,"

"Stop making out and give me a hand carrying the bags to the cars," Yoongi said, coming through the doors of the hospital with Jimin, Bee and Daisy.

Kim blushed furiously and rushed to them, taking some bags from Bee.

Jungkook took the bags from Daisy and followed behind them, a smile on his face.

The last time he had felt this happy and at ease was before the death of his parents. There would be no more screaming in his dreams, or a demon begging him for help. He would see no more bodies and bones and no more blood.

He was finally free.

END

---

AN: Welp I know this one took forever to finish, and I know the quality of the story got worse the further along I wrote haha I'm sorry!

But I hope you enjoyed it, anyway!!

Thanks for reading!