eight

Kim stood with her arms slightly raised as Jungkook secured the belt around her waist, complete with three holsters. The holster on her right hip contained a small gun, that Jungkook told her was semi-automatic, whatever that meant. He said it wasn't very powerful, and as she wasn't experienced, only use it if it was an emergency; it wouldn't do any damage at all unless it was close up.

"If the Demon corners you, aim for it's chest," He said as he clicked the holster shut over the top, "It's the biggest target. It'll make it stumble, and while it does, you can run. If I hear you shoot this and I'm not with you for some reason, I'll go towards the sound, alright?"

Kim nodded, looking down at the gun with nervous eyes. He then added a large hunting knife that looked somewhat like a machete to her left hip, and a smaller knife to the holster at her back.

"If it chases you, get out of it's line of sight and hide," He said seriously, "Do not try to fight it, understand?"

When Kim nodded, he smiled a little, "I'll be with you, okay? I'll protect you,"

Although he would try his best to keep her safe, Jungkook knew it wasn't a sure thing. There was always a chance that something could go wrong; and in this situation, that was very likely. He then slid a couple of flares into Kims back pocket, being careful not to actually touch her, in case she thought he was some kind of pervert.

He admitted that that was a strange train of thought, considering the circumstances, but he realized that his opinion of Kim was actually pretty high. She hadn't said anything bad about his scars, and she wasn't shying away from the danger ahead of them; she was charging in head first by his side, even though she was terrified.

"It's weak to fire," He said, "But don't use them unless you have to. It might scare it away, but it'll only stay back until the fire dies down, and then you're dead, understand?"

Kim nodded again, her heart pounding in her chest. He patted her awkwardly on her shoulder, before turning away and loading up his own weapons. As he did every time he ventured into the forest, he was armed to the teeth; he had various guns hidden over his body, another pack of flares in his own pocket, and his rifle hung over his shoulder. He also had a small bottle of fuel that could double as a flame thrower if he added a light to it. Kim was looking at him with wide eyes as he also slid a knife into each boot, and added more ammo and flares to his backpack.

"Here," He said, handing her a flashlight, "I put spare batteries in your other back pocket, in case you need them, and more in your backpack. They shouldn't run out, but you should always be prepared,"

Once they were both ready, Jungkook took Kim back upstairs and out of the broken front door, "Stay close to me," He said once they had hopped the fence, "No matter what, stick with me!"

---

"Baby, wake up," Daisy heard a whisper and opened her eyes with a soft moan. Her head was pounding, and all she could remember was being dragged out of the cabin before she could even make a sound.

"Daisy, please," The voice was more insistent this time, and Daisy lifted her aching head to look at her surroundings. She whimpered in pain when she suddenly realised that she was hanging by her bound wrists from a big metal hook that looked similar to those that you'd see at an abattoir or butcher shop. She was in a dark cave, that smelt like rotting meat and damp; the smell was so strong that it made her stomach heave. 

It was dimly lit by some old fashioned lights at intervals along the dirty walls, and when she finally managed to convince herself to look to her right, she heard a sigh of relief.

"Thank fuck," Yoongi was hanging from a hook next to her. His face was pale and streaked with dirt and what looked like blood, and his eyes were wide with a mixture of horror and concern.

"Yoongi," Daisy whispered, "You're alive,"

"Barely," Yoongi replied, his voice low, "Are you alright? Did it hurt you?"

"My head," Daisy groaned, "I think it hit me, but I'm alright. J- Jimin?"

"I'm here," Jimins voice croaked from the other side of Yoongi. He sounded a lot worse than Yoongi, and when she strained her neck to look at him, she could see that he had a huge wound on his head, and his shirt was covered with blood, as if he was bleeding from some where else.

"Where's Kim?" It sounded as if it was painful for him to talk, but he was obviously still concerned for his sister.

"She's with Jungkook," Daisy said quietly, "He saved us. He tried to save me, but it was too quick,"

"Bee's going to kill me if I get out of here alive," Jimin muttered, "She didn't want me to come, anyway. Said camping gives her the heebie jeebies,"

"We'll get out," Yoongi said, "We'll find a way,"

"Where are we?" Daisy asked as she began to regain her senses. She lifted her head and turned to the right, but Yoongi whispered loudly at her.

"Baby, don't look that wa-"

He was cut off by a loud, terrified scream, and cursed before trying to gain Daisys attention again. However, all she could focus on was the body hanging from the hook next to her; decomposing with its bottom half missing. There were chunks of flesh missing from the rotting torso, but the worst thing, apart from the puddle of flesh and blood on the floor below it, were its dead, cold eyes, set in a face forever in a mask of terror and pain.

"Baby, shh, it's okay, I won't let that happen to you, but you have to be quiet!" Yoongi was begging her from her right, but she couldn't tear her eyes off the horror beside her.

"Shit, it's coming back," She heard Jimin groan from the other side of Yoongi, and then she heard the sound of footsteps coming from a small gap in the walls in front of her.

And then she was screaming again.

---

AN: Oh ho~ What's going to happen next? Huehuehuehuehue