sixteen

Jungkook picked his way carefully through the bones and rocks littered across the dark floor. Kim gripped her torch with trembling fingers, shining it around and looking at every single gap in the rocks, just to make sure nothing would jump out at them when they are not prepared.

"Shit," Jungkook muttered, "The trail splits here," There was a tunnel off to the right, and the footprints and bones made it difficult to tell which way would be the best way to go. 

"We should split up," Kim said, trembling even more. She knew it was a bad idea, but it would be the quickest way to find her family.

Jungkook, however, gave her a disgusted look, "You never seen a horror film? Let's say we do split up, that means at least one of us will have a chance to find your friends and escape, right? Wrong. It'll make us easier prey for the Demon. I have a slim chance of getting away," He raised his eyebrow at her and poked her shoulder with his finger, "You will die immediately,"

"So we don't split up," Kim said, and Jungkook nodded.

"No splitting up,"

He peered into the room off to the right, and then straight ahead, "Let's go right first," He said, "It doesn't look like it goes too far back, so we can check and then double back and go straight ahead,"

Kim nodded and the pair of them slowly advanced down the tunnel.

---

Yoongi was close to tears. Jimin was still unconscious next to him, and Daisy was just staring blankly at the floor under her feet. Her body was sagging and she was barely responding to him.

His hands were rubbed so raw it was almost as if he had taken all the layers of skin off, just trying to get himself loose.

But it was working. It wasn't much, but he felt his hand slip just a small amount further down than before. He continued to slowly push and pull, twisting his wrist and making his hand as small as he could.

With gritted teeth to hold in his scream of pain, he managed to wrench one free, and the other followed quickly by the other. His legs gave way as he had been standing on them for so long, and his shoulders screamed as he was finally able to slowly lower his arms. He crawled over to Daisy, who was still staring blankly at the floor, and forced himself to his feet using pure willpower.

"Baby," He whimpered, ignoring the burning pain in his shoulders as he reached up to undo her rope. He fumbled, his fingers sore and beginning to feel numb, but he undone the knot, catching her as she dropped to the ground.

"Yoongi," She said, her voice coming out as a broken sob. She threw her arms around him holding him tightly, and he squeezed her back with all the strength he had remaining.

"Let's get Jimin down and get out of here," He said, reluctantly tearing himself away from her warmth. The pair staggered to Jimin, and Daisy worked at the knotted rope until it was free. Yoongi already had his arms around his cousin, preventing him from falling when his hands became free.

Jimin groaned, weakly trying to pull free.

"It's us, Jimin, it's us,"

"Bee?" Jimins voice was barely audible, and sounded more like a croak.

"No, Jimin it's Daisy," Daisys voice was a little shrill from being on the edge of panic and hysteria, "It's Daisy and Yoongi, we're going to get out,"

"Ah, shit," Jimin weakly opened his eyes and peered at them, "I was hoping it was a nightmare,"

"It is," Yoongi muttered, "But we're awake. Come on, I saw it leave, we have to get out before it comes back,"

Daisy and Yoongi moved either side of Jimin, supporting him as they walked in the direction the monster had gone.

They weren't far from the entrance to the cavern they were just in, when they heard faint, thudding footsteps, accompanied by a low, angry sounding growl.

"It's back!" Yoongi gasped, "What do we do?"

"Over there, there's a doorway," Jimin croaked, nodding his head to the left.

"It can't see us if we don't move," Daisy whispered, "Jungkook told me. We can hide in there,"

They shuffled as quickly as they could towards the door to the left, hoping that Jimin had stopped leaving a trail of blood behind them.

A few moments after they pushed themselves through the door and into the long, almost pitch black corridor of the cave to the left, they heard the monsters feet go past. There was silence for a moment, and then there was a scream.

An eardrum bursting, furious scream of rage and hunger.

It knew they were gone.

And it knew they would not be able to go far.

---

AN: Sorry, it's a little shorter than normal.

I hope you're enjoying!

Thank you all so much for the well wishes!

I'll just quickly explain; I have herniated disks in my lower spine. One has a hole in it and is bulging out, trapping my nerve, and the other is just bulging as far as I know.

It is very painful, so I can't walk or move very much, and coupled with stress and everything else that has been happening, I have been feeling so awful over the last few days.

Sorry for the lack of regular updates, I'll try and get back into the swing of it soon.

Thanks Bumblys!