fourteen

Kim gripped the collars of her jacket nervously as she silently followed Jungkook through the thin, dead trees. It was uncomfortably dim due to the leaves above them, but she could still make out where they were and what Jungkook was doing.

She could see that even though he was walking confidently, checking every single tree for more claw marks, he was tense. She could see it in the sharp angle of his jaw every time he moved his head to look around. His eyes were slightly narrow, but he wasn't squinting. One hand was resting to the length of leather that held his rifle over his shoulder, ready to aim it at any moment; ready for an attack.

Jungkook stopped moving suddenly, and Kim came to a halt behind him. He was looking down at the floor, and expecting it to be a footprint of the Demon, she moved closer and peered around him to have a look.

It wasn't a footprint. Kim wasn't quite sure what it was, but it seemed to be affecting Jungkook greatly.

"Jungkook?" She almost whispered she was so quiet, and she reached out and gently touched his forearm.

Her touch seemed to snap Jungkook out of whatever trance he was in, and he crouched down, slowly reaching for the thing he was staring at. He pushed a layer of leaves away from it, revealing it to be a lot longer than Kim had originally thought. It was black with mud and twisted, as if it had been buried or kicked around, and it looked like there was some kind of mould growing on it. 

However, that didn't seem to bother Jungkook as he put his fingers on the middle and picked up the waterlogged item. He let out a sound that was a mix between a strangled sob and an angry growl, and Kim stared at the item, trying to understand what it was.

After a moment of staring at it, Kim began to make out a distinctive pattern and shape to the twisted, soggy looking thing.

It was a sock.

The small, knitted sock of a little girl, with a droopy little bow hanging off the top, and rips and tears on the bottom. It was so covered with mud that she couldn't tell what colour it had been originally, but around the tears, there was clearly the stains of a red liquid long turned brown. Blood.

Jungkook crushed the sock in his fist, water dripping from between his fingers and onto the leaves of the forest floor, making a soft drip drip sound. He got to his feet, dropping the sock and looking directly ahead.

"Jungkook," Kim said softly, "Is that- Did that belong to..." She trailed off, suddenly realising that her curiosity might not be welcome. Seeing that item of clothing was obviously very painful for him, so she decided to drop it.

"We need to keep moving," Jungkook said gruffly, his grip on the strap to his gun tightening until the leather creaked, "The trail is pointing us towards this side of the mountain,"

Knowing now that the sock was definitely his sisters, Kim just nodded and followed him as he began to walk again. He was clearly hurting and she didn't want to hurt him further by prying. However, Jungkook began to speak as they continued on their way.

"I know you're curious," He muttered quietly, "I would be, too,"

"You don't have to tell me," Kim said quickly, "I understand if you don't want to. I was being too nosy before,"

"It was hers," Jungkook said, not looking at her, "It was my sisters. She was wearing the night the Demon took her," His voice cracked with emotion, but apart from the tenseness of his jaw and around his eyes, it was the only sigh he was upset.

"But you don't need to worry," He said, his voice a lot firmer suddenly, "I won't let my emotions get in the way of what needs doing. I will protect you and I'll get your family back,"

"I don't doubt you, Jungkook," Kim said quietly as she let him walk in the lead, "I trust you,"

---

The monster had been gone for a while, but Yoongi hadn't relaxed. He knew that it would be back, and he wanted to get himself, his girlfriend and his cousin free before it did. He had a lighter in his back pocket, but he couldn't get to it because his hands were tied. Apart from that and maybe a few rocks or bones, he had no kind of weapon to help him.

Not that it mattered, because he couldn't get free.

Daisy seemed to have fallen into a light sleep next to him, her body unable to cope with the stress anymore, and he was glad that she was able to rest; at least that way when they got free she would be able to run with no problem of collapsing from exhaustion.

Jimin was silent the other side of him as well, but he couldn't see his chest rising and falling with breathing. The only way he knew he was still alive, was the ragged sound of him taking in breaths that were way too shallow to be good news.

If Yoongi didn't do something soon, Jimin would die. There was no doubt about that whatsoever; he had lost so much blood, and was in so much pain that Yoongi was sure he had already given up and was just waiting for his body to do the same.

Daisy would die too, just like Jimin; ripped to shreds and eaten by some crazed demon under a mountain. 

And he would be able to do nothing about it. 

Then it would be his turn; bleeding out and watching as his family and himself were eaten alive in front of him, only able to scream as the creature took its fill.

He didn't know what order the monster would eat them, he only knew it was inevitable.

Unless he got free!

Once again, he began twisting and pulling at the ropes, hissing at the pain as it rubbed through his already raw and bleeding skin.

But the pain didn't matter.

He had to get them out.

---

AN: Sorry you haven't had much from me recently, (apart from Stray Cat and Fangs, because those are already written and I've just been re publishing them)

I've had some horrible things going on in my life over the past week or so, and I am really stressed. On top of that, my back is keeping me in constant agony, and I also spent last night and all of today feeling really sick.

I'm really sorry Bumblys, I'll try to update as much as possible!

Thanks for being so patient and understanding!!