eleven

"Don't move a muscle," Jungkook ordered Kim. He slowly stood up, and the Demon shrieked, its head snapping forward to look at where Jungkook was. It took a few more steps into the water, as Jungkook backed away to grab some more logs for the fire. He tossed it through the air, and it landed neatly in the gap, quickly becoming engulfed by the flames as it was so dry. The Demon roared in rage, stepping forward again.

It began to pace back and forth in the water, its dead eyes not leaving Jungkook, who raised his rifle and aimed it at the creatures body. 

"Kim," Jungkooks voice was low and calm, "Grab a long branch and light the end on fire. Keep it in front of you,"

"Kim! Run!" Jimins voice screamed out from the Demons mouth, and Kim immediately got to her feet and grabbed the longest branch she could see. She pointed it at the flames and waited until it caught fire, before moving it in front of her.

The creature screamed again, this time the sound of an old man, "Don't go into the trees!" It screeched, and in the dim light of the fire, Kim could see Jungkooks eyes widen and then harden with pain and anger. He lifted the rifle up fully, and fired, hitting the Demon directly in the chest. The force made it stagger back, and it cried out in rage, but Jungkook readied his rifle and fired again, and again.

"Jungkook!" Kim cried, "Stop, you're making it angry!"

After two more shots, the Demon backed away, snarling with fury. Jungkook kept his rifle trained on it, his eyes never moving away.

It stood on the other side of the water, his clawed hands hanging by its side as its skull lowered, staring at where they were stood. Kim picked up another log, keeping the flaming branch in one hand as she tended to the fire, making sure to fill in the gaps.

Jungkook remained unmoving, staring at the emaciated figure in front of them. It stood there motionless for what felt like hours, before it slowly turned and lumbered away into the trees, growling low in its throat as it moved.

Jungkook let out a shaky breath, his eyes still filled with emotion, and he lowered his weapon. Kim placed the long branch onto the fire and moved to him, gently placing a hand on his forearm.

"Are you alright?" She asked, concerned.

"Fine," He said curtly, "Get some rest while you have the chance. I'll stand guard,"

"Not until you tell me why you lost it," Kim replied, putting her hands on her hips and staring at him, "You were calm until that voice-"

"My uncle," Jungkook interrupted, "The one who took me in. I heard my sister one night, and left the cabin. It wasn't my sister, it was the Demon. My  uncle saved me, knowing that he'd die trying. It's never used his voice before," 

He took a deep breath and lowered his head, "It never used that voice on me before,"

Without thinking, Kim reached up and wrapped her arms around him, holding him tightly. Although Jungkook was tough, and seemed as if he was blocked off to all emotions, he clearly had complex feelings rushing around inside him, that he wasn't able to let out.

"I'm sorry," She said, "I had no idea. I'm sorry, Jungkook,"

She felt him relax, and a moment later, he returned her hug; enveloping her in his arms and resting his chin on the top of her head. She could feel his heart pounding in his chest, and when they both eventually pulled away, he had a soft smile on his face; something that she had not yet seen.

"Thanks, Kim," He said, "I feel better, now. Get some rest, I'll keep you safe,"

Kim sat down slowly and leaned up against the small pile of logs, wriggling around until she was as comfortable as she could get. As soon as she did, her eyes began to close, and she saw Jungkook move, before she felt a warm jacket gently put over her body.

---

Kim had been asleep for roughly an hour when the Demon returned. Seeing as neither of them were moving, the creature didn't know exactly where they were, but it knew they were within the arch of fire. 

It stood quietly, staring at where they were but making no move to come any closer. It opened its mouth a few times, gently calling out for Jungkook, but this time, he just let it wash over him. He wasn't going to give the Demon the satisfaction of getting a reaction out of him.

They stayed like that for another hour, just staring at each other, before it slowly shuffled away into the trees. Jungkook stared after it. He could feel the hate towards this evil creature bubbling up in his heart, but as usual, suppressed it. If he let his anger and hatred control him, his senses would dull and he would die.

Right now, he had more important things to worry about. Like the girl asleep next to the pile of logs, and her family that were being held by the Demon in its lair. 

He promised Kim he would get them back, and he never broke his promises. He would help them, even if it meant his own demise.

---

AN: Sorry, this chapter sucks DX