five

"What's a Wendeego?" Daisy asked, looking at Kim.

"Not Wendeego," Jungkook corrected, "Wendigo. And to put it simply, it's a creature that eats human flesh,"

"I don't want simple," Kim spoke, "I want detail. I want to know about this thing and how we can save my brother and cousin from it!"

Jungkook sighed, "Fine. Pay attention, it might save your life in the future," When both the girls nodded, their faces serious, Jungkook leaned against the desk, "There are two types of Wendigo in historic myths. One, is that a Wendigo is originally human. There are conflicting legends about whether the change comes from within the individual, or from an external possession from an evil spirit. The other is that the Wendigo is originally a monster that just preys on humans,"

Both girls seemed a little scared already, but they kept quiet and allowed Jungkook to continue to talk.

"In the first case, the original human would have to be dying of starvation while being trapped; usually during winter in the mountains. They would have to be in so much pain, and be so desperate for nourishment, that they resort to eating the flesh of another human. Then comes the change, but as I said before, I'm not sure exactly what causes it, I just know that the catalyst is the consumption of human flesh. Are you still following?"

Kim and Daisy nodded and Jungkook took a quick look at his watch. It would be daylight in a few hours, so he wanted to get this done quickly so they could rest a little before going to look for the men.

"In the second case, the Wendigo was born, or created or whatever, and it was already a demon; it was never human. There are some things about both ideas about this creature that are the same, and during mine and my un-," He cleared his throat, "And during my studies, I have come to learn that they are all true, but there are a few exceptions to the legends, which is why I'm not 100% sure it is an actual Wendigo,"

He looked at the two girls, pale faced but still brave and determined, and had to admire them. They weren't going to give up. However, they had not seen the full power of the Demon, and had not seen it at work yet.

"You need to remember what I say here, it is very important," He said seriously, and they nodded.

"First of all; they eat human flesh; but I guess you've already figured that out," The girls both nodded again, and Jungkook began to give them the knowledge that could possibly save their lives.

"It is extremely fast. If it wants to, it can move faster than your eye can see. However, it's eyes are not so good," He tapped one of the drawings on the wall, "As you can tell here, it's eyes are set back very far in its.. skull. It registers movement and sound easily, but if you stay still, it cannot see you,"

He paused, pushing himself off of the desk, "If it has seen you, do not simply stand still. It might not be able to register you if you don't move, but it is not stupid. If it is chasing you and you suddenly stop, it will just attack where you stopped moving. This trick of remaining still only works if it hasn't seen you to start with. I don't know if I explained that properly..." He said, trailing off and looking expectantly at the two girls.

"It's very fast, and don't stop moving if it's chasing you, got it," Kim said, "What else,"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, impressed by how calm Kim was being, considering her family had just been taken by a demon.

"You can't kill it with human weapons," He said, "A gun can hurt it, but only for a few minutes. It's only weak to fire, but I've not managed to kill it," He paused, "Yet,"

"How do you know all this?" Daisy asked suddenly, "Why do you stay in a place like this if there's such a dangerous creature near?"

Jungkook went silent, before heading out the door past the two women, "We need to rest until morning," He said, "I'm going to have a shower, and then I'll make us something to eat, we need to keep our strength up,"

Daisy and Kim looked at each other and then followed Jungkook out of the room. He closed the door again and led them back up the stairs, before going straight to his bathroom to shower. He was tired, but not dangerously so, as he had managed to sleep a little earlier before Daisy had left the cabin.

Stripping himself of his clothes until he was just in his underwear, Jungkook turned his shower on. However, as he hooked his thumbs in the waistband of his boxers, the bathroom door swung open, revealing Kim, her hands out in front of her, soaking wet.

"I'm so sorry," She said, "Daisy spilled the coffee! I didn't hear the water yet and you didn't answer the knock so I-" She froze, her eyes on Jungkooks bare chest, "I'm... Sorry," She said again, lowering her eyes and reaching blindly for a towel. She grabbed it and made a quick escape, closing the door behind her.

"Shit," Jungkook muttered, looking down at himself. Ever since he had finished being treated by the Doctors, he had never allowed anyone to see him unclothed. Now not only did someone see the enormous, ugly scar on his chest, but he also knew form his impressions of Kim already, that she was going to demand an explanation.

With a sigh, he climbed into his shower, trying to mentally prepare himself to see her face again.

---

AN: Not edited hardy hardy har