Seven

"Daisy!" Kims scream jerked Jungkook out of his shock. He caught her with an arm around her waist just as she was about to run out of the broken down front door after her friend.

"No!" He hissed, "You can't go out there, it's still dark!"

"You said we'd be safe!" She cried, struggling in his grip, "You said we'd be safe here!"

"Well I was wrong!" Jungkook shouted. He was confused; in the entire time that he had lived in this little wooden hut, the Demon had never once crossed over that fence. But this time, it did, and not only had it come out of it's territory, it had come into his.

Kim broke down in sobs, clinging to Jungkooks arm, that was now supporting her weight. He felt bad for her; in one night, she had lost her brother, her cousin, and her friend. But unlike him, they weren't dead. Yet.

He helped her to the sofa, and went to the door, propping it back up onto the door frame. There was no point trying to fix it now, the Demon would just break it down again. This time, however, he would be prepared if it came back.

"As soon as it is light out, we will go after your family," He promised, heading back to her and scooping her up in his arms, "For now, we need to rest," He took her to his bedroom, where he had a reinforced door and window, and laid her on the bed, before closing and locking the door. He then sat in front of the monitors with his arms crossed, and his rifle propped up next to him.

Kim finally calmed down, and crawled down the bed to perch on the end. It was silent as she watched the monitors with him, but after a while, she spoke up.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you," Her voice was weak, but he could understand why. He just shrugged, continuing to watch the grainy screens in front of him.

"No, really, I am," She said, "You've helped us a lot, and you've even agreed to take me to the Wendigos lair to get them back. I'm grateful. I just wasn't expecting it to come here, when you said-"

"It's never done that before," Jungkook interrupted her, his eyes still focused on the screens, "Ever. And because I was in the kitchen and not here, I wasn't able to put up the defenses. And because I ran here instead of staying there, I couldn't stop it from taking Daisy,"

"Don't blame yourself," Kim said. She reached out, gently placing a small hand on Jungkooks bicep, "It wasn't your fault,"

Jungkook sighed and looked down, "I have to be honest with you. I don't exactly know where it lives, but I know the general area. I'm not going to lie to you, but I don't want to scare you. It does come out in the day, sometimes. Rarely, but it does happen. If it does, which it might do this time, considering it's change in behaviour, we will have to come back and try again the next morning,"

Kim took a deep breath and nodded, leaning back on the bed a little, "I-"

She was cut off by the sudden sound of a scream from the trees, followed by the terrified voice of a young girl.

"Kookie!

She whipped her head to the side, but couldn't see anything out of the dark window. Jungkook didn't move, however, Kim could see that his muscles had tensed.

"I was hoping it wouldn't start," He muttered, his eyes never leaving the monitors.

"Kookie?" Kim asked, "Is that- Is that you?"

Jungkook sighed deeply and turned to face her, "Yes. Kookie is me. And that voice," He jerked his head a little towards the window, "Is the last thing I ever heard from my baby sister,"

Kims eyes widened in horror, "It's-"

"Tormenting me," Jungkook replied, turning back to the screen, "It does it nearly every night, for about an hour or so," The voice sounded again, closer this time, "That thing hates me," He said, "It doesn't want to eat me. It could have killed me a few times already, but all it does it torment me,"

"Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I've hurt it a few times? Or it just enjoys upsetting me? I'm the one that got away, I guess,"

Jungkook went silent, and Kim settled back on the bed. She tried a few more times to talk to him, but was met by mostly one sentence answers, so instead, she curled up on his bed and closed her eyes.

The next thing she knew, Jungkook was gently shaking her awake, "Kim, wake up, it's morning,"

Kim opened her eyes with a soft moan, sitting up and rubbing at them with her hand. She felt extremely rough, as she had barely any sleep the entire night. There was some dim sunlight shining through the window, and she could tell that it was still very early. Jungkook moved away from her and unlocked the bedroom door, before disappearing down the hallway. She could hear him in the kitchen, so she got up and followed, taking a seat at the breakfast bar.

"Here, eat," He said, sliding a plate across the table at her. On it, was a variety of different fruit, and some toast, and she picked at it slowly, until he frowned at her, "Eat it, you're going to need the energy and sugar,"

While she forced herself to finish the meal, Jungkook moved about her, filling a few bottles with water and stuffing them into a pair of rucksacks that were propped up on the kitchen floor. He then disappeared down the hallway, and came back again with a thick leather belt, instructing her to stand up.

He hummed as he put the belt around her waist, before pulling it away, "I'll make another hole," He muttered to himself, "Finish the food, and come down to the basement. I'll get you kitted up, and then we can go,"

Kim could feel her heart pounding as she finished the breakfast and headed down the dark stairs into the basement. Now that she had an idea of what had her family and her friend, she was petrified, but no matter what, she would get them back.

Nothing was going to stop her. Not even the Wendigo.