nineteen

Daisy almost sobbed in relief when she felt fresh air on her face. She was struggling to help Yoongi keep Jimin upright, but the sudden light at the end of the long, dank cavern gave her extra hope.

"We're almost there!" Kim hissed, speeding up, "Come on, we're almost out!"

Jimin grunted, his legs barely holding him up anymore as Daisy and Yoongi practically dragged him along the tunnel. However, as they got closer to the exit, he heard a noise that made him dig his feet in.

"That... Sounds... Like Bee," His voice was just above a whisper, but Daisy and Yoongi both stopped.

"No, it can't be," Yoongi insisted, "There's no way, the thing's never heard her, she's never been here!"

"That's the voice of Jungkook's sister," Kim gasped, turning around, "I heard it all night while we were coming here. It must have him!"

"We gotta go!" Yoongi insisted, starting to walk again. Daisy followed and Jimin had no choice but to begin moving his weak legs again, but Kim stood still, staring back into the dark tunnel.

"Kim, move," Jimin croaked, "Come on!"

"I..." Kim turned to face them, and then looked back at the darkness again, "I'll catch up," She said, her feet starting to take her back into the darkness, "I have to help him, we can't leave him here!"

"No, Kim!" Jimin cried, struggling to gain enough energy just to turn and face her, "Kim, don't, we have to go!"

"Get him out of here to Jungkook's cabin!" Kim said, rushing off into the darkness, leaving only Jimin's cries behind her.

---

Jungkook's vision was starting to go black, but he wouldn't give up. He kicked and slashed at the creature with his knife, but nothing seemed to even make it flinch. It just kept screaming words at him in his baby sisters voice as it slowly choked the consciousness out of him.

His arms began to go limp as he tried his hardest to reach for the flare in his back pocket. However, he had no strength left whatsoever.

"Kookie," The creature mocked him once again in his sister's voice, but then the voiced changed to something else. Something more recent, "Jungkook!"

The voice was Kim's and it ended in a blood-curdling scream. He had a momentary burst of panic, worrying about Kim, but once he realised that the creature was with him so they must have escaped, he began to calm. He could feel himself growing light-headed, and his eyes rolled back into his skull as his body finally gave up the fight.

---

Kim pulled the little gun from her hip and held it out with the torch as she tried to navigate through the dark tunnels. She could still hear the screaming of the creature, but when she heard it use her own voice, her blood ran cold in her body.

Swallowing her fear, she followed the noises as quietly as she could, cursing when her foot hit something. She immediately swung the beam of light from the torch down to the floor where her foot was, and frowned when she saw what it was.

Crouching down, Kim opened the little wooden box, and her eyes widened when she saw what it contained.

"A flare gun," She whispered, picking it up and quickly inspecting it. It looked fairly simple to use, so she loaded it up with the single flare that was in the box, following the directions, and put the gun that Jungkook had given her away. A flare gun would be much more useful in this situation.

"Kookie! Help!" The demon's screams were now a mixture of her voice and the voice of the young girl that Jungkook had said was his sister. They were growing louder and louder as she traversed the tunnels, and although her body was trembling from the fear, she knew she had to keep going. 

There were no sounds from Jungkook, but seeing as the creature was still screaming, she could tell he was still alive.

Her eyes widened and she felt tears well in her eyes when she rounded the corner and came almost face to face with the horrific creature.

It's long, bony fingers were wrapped around Jungkook's neck, slowly squeezing, and it's elongated, bleached white skull was close to his face, filthy saliva dripping down from it's blood stained teeth. The patchy, mouldy looking brown fur looked even more rancid in the light of the torch, and she desperately wanted to run, or fire the gun. However, if she fired, she might hit Jungkook, so she did the only thing she could.

She screamed his name.

"Jungkook!"

The creature snapped it's head around, growling loudly as it dropped Jungkook's body and started to slowly shuffle towards her.

"Kim, it hurts, Kim!" Her brother's voice came from the creatures barrelled out chest, distorted and cold.

Kim felt a sudden anger build up in her body, so hot and burning that she momentarily lost her fear.

She lifted the flare gun as it screamed at her, and with one swift move, she pulled the trigger.

---

AN: Wow, it's been a while.. heh heh... I'M SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Also please forgive any mistakes, I couldn't be bothered to read back too much soooooo

SORRY