twenty two

"Hey, Jimin," Kim said quietly as she sat down next to her brother. He had an oxygen mask over his face and his eyes were heavy but he still slowly turned his head to look at her.

"Are you okay?" He croaked painfully.

"Don't worry about me," Kim quickly wiped tears from her eyes and reached out, taking his hand, "I'm just glad you're okay,"

Jimin's dark eyes flickered to Jungkook, who was sitting awkwardly by the door. He slowly lifted his hand to pull the mask from his face, despite Kim's protests.

"Thank you, Jungkook," His voice was a little clearer, this time, "I owe you- we all owe you our lives. If it wasn't for you, we'd all be dead,"

Jungkook cleared his throat, "That's not true. The demon would have-" He cut himself off and smiled weakly, "Kim helped a lot. She saved my ass, too,"

"I know," Jimin said, "But thank you. Really, thank you so much,"

Jungkook shrugged, not used to people thanking him, "It's fine. A lot of other people would have done the same thing,"

Jimin shook his head, "After seeing that creature," He said, "I don't think that's true,"

"Alright," Kim said, pulling the mask back over her brother's face, "You need to rest. Yoongi and Daisy want to come in to visit next, and your very worried, very angry girlfriend is on the way,"

There was silence before Jimin sighed, "She's going to kill me,"

"Probably," Kim agreed, standing up. She leaned over and pressed a kiss into Jimin's cheek (the part that wasn't covered by the mask), "I'll be outside if you need me,"

Moving to Jungkook, Kim helped him out of the room and to a seat. Yoongi and Daisy immediately stood up, "Can we see him?" Yoongi asked, "He's alright?"

Kim nodded, "He's tired, but he's going to be okay. We'll wait here while you see him,"

The two rushed into Jimin's room and silence fell upon Jungkook and Kim. They were both very tired, and now that the adrenaline had washed away, Kim was feeling sleepy. She ached all over, but she didn't want to complain, considering everyone else had been injured much worse than her. So instead, she sat down on the chair and sipped at the cold coffee that Yoongi and Daisy had brought her previously.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook's voice broke the silence and Kim turned to look at him, pushing a weary smile onto her face.

"I'm as good as I can be," She said, "Considering. How are you? Are you in pain still?"

Jungkook looked down at his leg and shrugged, "I'm fine. I've had worse,"

"My brother was right," Kim said suddenly, a little louder than she'd intended, "I mean, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. You didn't even know us and you risked your life to save us. You could have just left us, I mean, you did tell us not to cross the fence, and we-"

"It's fine," He said, with a sigh, "The creature is gone and I..." He trailed off, "I don't really know what I'm going to do now," He said honestly, "I've been there almost my whole life hunting that thing and trying to keep people from dying, but now,"

He sighed, "I don't know, I feel a little empty. I don't really know what I'm going to do next,"

There was silence between them for a moment, before Kim spoke up, "You can come back with us, if you want," She said softly, "The least we can do is help you transition to a new life,"

Jungkook opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by the doors to the corridor being thrown open so hard that they banged against the wall and bounced back. A small, blonde haired woman around the same age as Kim came barrelling in, tear tracks down her angry looking face.

"Kim," She said, her voice breaking as more tears began to flow. Kim immediately stood up as the woman rushed to her. They embraced, Kim almost falling over from the force of the hug, before she pulled back.

"Where is he?" The woman half sobbed, "Is he okay? What happened? Nobody has told me anything, I don't know what's going on!"

"Take a deep breath," Kim said gently, her hands on the woman's upper arms, "He's out of surgery, he's alright. He's resting, Yoongi and Daisy are with him,"

"What happened?" The woman squeaked, wiping at her face.

Kim paused, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you,"

The woman frowned, "What is it? Tell me,"

Kim sighed, "Bee, I-"

"Bee?" Jungkook stood up suddenly, a frown on his face. He had been watching the interraction between the pair; the woman seemed oddly familiar to him, but he couldn't place her, "J-Jeon Bee?"

The blonde turned to Jungkook, a frown on her face, "I'm sorry, have we met?"

Jungkook let out a choked sob and took a step towards her, "I thought you died," He said, "They- Uncle told me you died!"

Bee frowned, "What?"

Kim looked to Jungkook, confused.

"He told me the creature killed you, he found your sock in the forest, he told me you were dead!"

"Jungkook? What are you talking about?" Kim asked, "Are you alright?"

Bee, however, tensed up, her eyes widening, "Kookie?"

---

AN: Sorry it's such a shitty chapter... it's been a while, huh lol