Goodbye...

Delilah's P.O.V

It's been five days and I've heard nothing from James, not a call or a knock on the door, not even a stupid little text. I'll admit that I miss him but...how could he? I love James and I thought he loved me but now I'm not sure. I feel like he did and then...he fell for Naomi...

Anyway, enough about him. Tilly and Milly have been really supportive but the truth is I know they're not taking a side. They refuse to until they know the whole story and both sides to it, but that's a bit difficult when the culprit doesn't cooperate! Now I know I'm supposed to be staying at Milly's for another week or so but I feel like I'm in the way all the time. My relationship with Brad, Tris and Con still stands and I've seen them since but it's kind of awkward, you know? Therefore I have come to the conclusion that I shall leave tomorrow and yeah Tilly and Milly are upset but I just feel that this is the right thing to do. I mean they never see the boys and now they can so I'm not going to stop them by staying here!

"I'm going to miss you guys but I'll Skype you tomorrow, shall we say eleven?" I asked the two of them as they stared at me their eyes glistening with tears.

"Definitely we're going to miss you too Delilah!" Tilly said as the tears started flowing and she leapt on me, tightly hugging me.

"You don't have to go you know you can stay!" Milly butted in as she joined the hug trying to persuade me as best she could.

"I know but you guys are going to be spending time with your boyfriends and I don't want to get in the way..." The two smiled at the word 'boyfriends' because just knowing that their crushes were no longer crushes made them gleeful "presides I'd be on my own all the time anyway!"

We broke off the hug and the two were persistent as I creeped closer to the door. We hugged again before I got in the taxi to the train station. I'd said my goodbyes to the Brad, Tris and Con yesterday...but the one person who I really wanted to say goodbye to me hasn't...

I get out of the taxi and pay the driver who didn't say anything to me other than "where ya' goin'?" And "that'll be seven fifty.". Walking towards the ticket station I hear a faint and croaky shout...

"Delilah!"

The voice, although hoarse, is familiar. I daren't turn round to face him but I hear his loud footsteps as he runs towards me.

"Don't..." I said to him before he grabbed my hand, I felt the draft as he reached for it, and he stopped dead in his tracks. "Just don't..."

I feel the nerves settle in the pit of my stomach and tears well up in my eyes as I dropped my chin to my chest.

"Delilah, please I'm sorry...I didn't do anything, I swear...it was all..." I cut him off before he could finish and turn to face him the tears staining my face with the mascara that has run.

"How dare you!" I could barely get the words out of my mouth. "How dare you come here and think you can apologise after five days...FIVE DAYS JAMES!" I find myself shouting and people start to stare. "Not a knock at the door, not a message passed on by the boys, not even a lousy text message. James there was NOTHING!"

"I know and I feel like an absolute dick...but..."

"And so you should! But James that doesn't make me feel any better..." I turn to go but find myself turn back after two steps. "I hope you're happy with her James, I honestly do but just know this. I trusted you and I was going to open up t to you but you broke that trust and our love...or at least the love I felt for you...because..." The tears had calmed down but they're in full swing now. "...because...I don't know if you even loved me!"

"Delilah, you know that's not true!" James' tone is defensive and he steps closer to me. "I always loved you, from the moment I laid my eyes on you! Delilah, believe me when I tell you this, I love you, and I always will! Now if you get on that train today, I'll never forgive myself, but I'll do everything in my power to earn your forgiveness..."