Let's Shop

Delilah's P.O.V

After we've put our bags in my old flat we hit the road and head for the shops. My dad now rents it out to earn a little extra money but nobody is renting it at the moment so us girlies are 'renting' it for the week.

We arrive at the high street and take our usual path to Starbucks to begin the day. It's just like it used to be we sit in the same places and order the same things except me who orders a hot chocolate instead of a cold strawberries and cream since it's winter and it's fucking freezing out!

Feeling toasty and having finished our hot drinks we leave Starbucks and split off into groups; Brad, Mil and Connor are one group, Tilly and Tris are the second group, and me and James are the last group. The others head their separate ways but me and James stand there in silence until they've all left.

"So, where shall we go first?" I ask James and he smiles at me.

"I don't mind. Have you got any ideas?" James asks me politely.

"Nope. I have none."

"Well, shall we just walk?" I nod in reply and the two of us walk down the cobblestone path. It's surprisingly empty considering how close to Christmas it is but people are probably indoors trying to keep warm. I've layered my clothes so I'm as warm as I can be in this weather. I'm sporting a pair of black jeans, a white turtle neck, my black boot docs, a big navy duffle coat, a knitted black scarf, with matching mittens and bobble hat. James is also layered with his black duffel coat and grey scarf.

We walk at a slow stroll and suddenly there's a gust of wind making me grab my hat tightly so it doesn't blow away. James laughs at me and I push him jokily but we carry on walking as I gradually get colder and colder the further we walk. James looks down at me and his face drops slightly.

"You're cold." he states.

"I'm fine, I'm used to it." I reply but James wraps his muscular arm around me and pulls me closer to his warm body. In my mind I'm thinking I should pull away but I can't. This is how I want it to be; me and James. Naturally, my head rests itself on his shoulder and I can feel the smile that dances across his lips. "Thank you." I say as we carry on but I feel a lump in the pit of my stomach and it rises to my throat. When I realise what exactly it is it's too late they've started...the tears. I pull away from James and he looks at me upset by my action until he sees my expression.

"De, what's wrong?" He asks and I just look at him as the corners of my mouth pull upwards into a weak smile.

"I've missed you." I reply and I can't help it. My body lunges forward to hug him and at first he's taken aback but soon returns the hug by wrapping his arms around me and resting his cheek on the top of my head.

"I've missed you too." he echoes and breathes a deep sigh of relief. He's waited for this, for this moment that he is forgiven. I think back to the day I left him at the train station, the day it ended. James said to me 'I'll never forgive myself, but I'll do everything in my power to earn your forgiveness...' and he's done exactly that. "You're forgiven." there it is again that sigh of relief as he squeezes me.

He pulls away and looks into my eyes a smile plastered across his face. "You don't understand how happy that makes me." and I don't but I'm happy purely because he is.

James slides his fingers between mine and wraps them around my small hand. He's cautious about it as he has no idea how I'll react but he does it anyway and I don't stop him. I also fold my fingers around his hand and I smile before looking up to see that he's staring at me with a smile dancing across his lips. Naturally, I shy away from his gaze and took my hair behind my ear.