James' Recovery

Tris' P.O.V

It's he day after James collapsed and Delilah has just left. James hasn't woken up yet but he's not majorly ill, it's just from lack of sleep, food and water. This event has caused his appearance to worsen some what though. When the doctors examined him they told us to be grateful that De had caught his head otherwise it could've been a lot worse. Enough of that though James is going to be distraught knowing he didn't get to say bye to her today, I know he said it yesterday but that was because he didn't know he was going to wake up again.

"DELILAH!" Shouted James after his body shot up and he began panting heavily.

"James." I said quietly and he looked at me disappointed that I wasn't Delilah. He then scanned the room for the others who had just nipped to get a Starbucks for all of us including James incase he woke up.

"Where is she?" James asks but he doesn't ask where he is, all he cares about is knowing where De is.

"She's gone James...I'm sorry, you were sleeping and we weren't allowed to wake you up."

"She's...gone...but I was just with her, she was right there on...her bed." It was now that he realised that he was no longer in the May's apartment.

"I'm so sorry."

"She's gone...she's really gone...forever. The one girl I truly loved gone forever from my pathetic excuse of a life..."

"James, surely it's not that bad."

"No Tristan, I need her! I need Delilah, I need her here with me." James began to sob and I didn't know what to do.

"Come on James cheer up."

"NOOOO! I NEED HER! DELILAH PLEASE COME BACK!" He began to shout meaning I'd said the wrong thing. Seeing him like that made me cry also. "Delilah come back..." It turned into less of a sob and more of a pleading so I went over to him and hugged him. James hugged me back and gripped onto my t-shirt, as I felt the shoulder dampen.

The two of us sat like this until Connor an Brad appeared in the doorway. The two put the coffee down and came over to us to join the hug. This just made James cry even more.

When we pulled away James wiped his tears and looked at the coffee before he was handed his by Connor.

"Thanks Con." James said almost giving a smile.

"It's okay!" Connor beamed back at him.

The four of us sat in silence as we sipped at our coffees; none of us knew what to say. A silent year escaped from James' eye and he wiped it away hoping none of us had seen.

"So James, the nurse said you an leave whenever since it's nothing to major." Brad said after a while breaking the looming silence.

"Great." James replied bluntly. "What was up with me?"

"You fainted due to over exhaustion and lack of food and water." Connor answered.

"Okay, so I just need to eat, sleep and drink more. Sounds like a teenagers dream."

Once we finished our coffees we discharged James and drove back to the apartment in my shitty little car. When we get back we crash on the sofa apart from James who goes to his room closing the door behind him.

"Guys, I'm really worried about him." Brad says to us. "We need to get him back on track!"

"Yeah, he can't live like this!" Connor continues. "It'll kill him if we don't..." He stops as James' bedroom door opens and James wanders out and into the kitchen. He clatters about for something in one of he cupboards before routing through the fridge. When he comes back through the lounge he's holding a glass of water and a bar of chocolate but he looks like he's hiding something.

"Y'okay James?" I ask him as he looks over at me.

"I guess." he answers in his dull tone.

"What ya' got?"

"Water and chocolate."

"Okay. Enjoy it!" I let him go knowing if I keep asking questions he'll go off the rails again even though I know he's hiding something.

An hour later there's been no more signs of James and the three of us are beginning to worry slightly knowing he last time we left him on his own he made his head bleed. Being the worry warts we are we quietly go over to James' bedroom door where we stand and listen for a few minutes. There's no noise until suddenly there's a bang as something heavy falls. I couldn't stop myself and I burst into the room to see James has smashed one of his guitars and there's glass in the floor.

"James what are you doing?" I ask him.

"I'm destroying things, is it not obvious?" he answers slurring his words together. He's drunk again, great.

"What's this?" Connor asks pointing to the broken glass on the floor.

"It's the glass my water was in."

"Don't fucking lie James! You're drunk!" I snap at him.

"Okay so what if I am, what are you goin' to do? Huh?"

"I'm going to hit you if you don't pull yourself together! James she's just a girl, yeah you two were good together but she's moved on and so should you!" I storm out the room unable to look at my best friend who's destroying himself over a girl.

"DICK!" James shouts after me as I go into the lounge.

A few minutes later Connor and Brad come back in the lounge and tell me that James is asleep. They also think I was a bit harsh on James considering the state he's in. Maybe I was but I don't want to see him almost dead because of some girl! So what if she was beautiful and amazingly perfect (his words) there are other girls out there! She's just going to be another face he once knew, or at least she should be in the future!

I don't want to lose him to her.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter and that I haven't updated the last few days, people actually wanted to see me! Crazy I know! Anyway, thanks all you lovely people who read and enjoy my chapters enough to vote and/or comment!

Also all of you who read my other fanfic about 5sos, sorry, but I've taken it down for now so that I can focus on this one! However I shall be re-publishing it when I have finished or am nearing the end of this story!

Thanks again, Fin! 😘