The Journey Back

A few days later...

1 message from - Connor

Hey De how are you? I thought I should check up on you knowing how hurt you were and all. Also I wanted to warn you that we're coming back today and I'm worried James might do something stupid so I apologise in advance. X

1 message to - Connor

Hey Con, I've been better, how are you? Thanks for the heads up and you shouldn't apologise for him. X

1 message from - Connor

I'm good upset about the whole event but ahh well. I know but I feel like I have to because he doesn't know how to act around you anymore. Anyway got to go we're headed to the train station. I'll see you later. X

Connor's P.O.V

"Going to miss you girlies loads...but I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny daaaaayy." I sand to Tilly and Milly before letting Tris and Brad say their goodbyes.

Tilly was swept up into Tris' arms and spun around before receiving a passionate kiss and being put down and embracing him. Milly and Brad's goodbye was a bit less of a 'romantic movie' style. Brad took Milly's tiny hands in his and pulled her close to whisper in her ear and she giggled, oh how he loved her giggle, they then shared a kiss and a long embrace before kissing again and separating.

Well I feel like a fifth wheel...oh wait where's James?

I searched for him and there he was looking worse than ever. He had bags under his eyes, his hair was just a tangled mess, his eyes had lost their colour and he looked unhealthily thin.

Two nights ago James had consumed a lot of alcohol because we'd all gone out for a band meal but James left half way through and when we got back to the apartment there were empty beer cans scattered across the floor and a half-empty bottle of champagne in his hand raised to his lips. Then yesterday he kept getting headaches so we left him but when I went in to give him food so he'd eat his head was bruised and there was a a bit of blood. He had been banging his head against the wall so we took him in the lounge, made him eat, and sat with him for the rest of the day. We thought he was getting better but clearly not plus we should've have known he's only getting worse.

Anyway, Tilly and Milly walked over to James and sat down next to him. I don't know what they said but he didn't smile once, he gave them a hug but no winning smile we usually receive from James. His dull eyes did shed a tear but that was no surprise since he cries quite a lot these days. James then got up, with the assistance of Tilly and Milly, and joined us to say one last goodbye before we get on the train. We all went in for a group hug bar James.

"You guys look after him...I don't like seeing him like this." Tilly said to us all quietly her expression was a worried one.

"Yeah make sure he doesn't do anything too ridiculous but whatever you do don't take it out on Delilah. It's not her fault..." Milly's expression matched Tilly's.

And with that we boarded the train and sat in our seats. James sat by the window and stared out of it. Brad listened to his music and me and Tris just talked about the old times and stuff like that.

Suddenly Tris looked over at the sleeping James "Con, do you think he'll stay depressed for ever?" his expression looked so concerned.

"Honestly Tris, I don't know but it takes time." I reply being honest but trying to cheer him up also.

Tris let out a slight laugh "You sounded like De's dad."

"Yeah so I did." I laughed to lighten the mood, but I'm worried too, worried about James, worried about the band, I mean I don't know where this is going to take us; none of us do!

The rest of the train journey lightened up and when we arrived at the station in London the two sleepy heads woke up and we pushed our way off of the train. Upon getting off the train James stopped dead in his tracks forcing people to walk around him. His eyes glazed over with tears but only one escaped.

"Normally she'd be here." Was all that came out of his mouth as he stood there expressionless. I could feel myself welling up on his behalf as Brad walked back towards him and hugged him. James hugged him back and began sobbing.

People would stare but a group of younger lads stopped and began to laugh. I got so angry and so did Tris...

"What do you think you're laughing at? Is other peoples suffering funny to you?" Tris shouted at them but they continued. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He moved towards them and raised his fist at them. The five lads ran as he shouted after them "Yeah you'd better run!"

"Come in Tris you're making more of a scene." I said to him as more business men and women stared at the four of us.

"Thanks." James whispered to Tris when we walked over and joined the group hug.

After having stood there and hugged for the last two minutes we decided to head home in a taxi. We paid the driver upon reaching the flat and piled out. The four of us took the elevator up to our floor and made our way down the corridor. James started dragging behind and just before our door he froze and looked at the door opposite.

"Come on James let's get back in our apartment." Brad said to him as he walked over to him and wrapped his arm around his shoulder. The others made their way back into the apartment after Tris unlocked it. Before he shut the door I told Tris I'd just 'check up' on Delilah.

So I knocked on her door...

---------------------------------------------

I know it's a tricky chapter but the next chapter shall explain a lot or at least I hope so if you still have question next chapter message me please. Also the ending is a bit sudden but it's suppose to add drama and the chapter was getting a bit long so sorry for that.

Thanks again to everyone who follows me, votes for my chapter or adds my story to a reading list I'm being totally serious here it means a hell of a lot however there are no shout-outs today since I only updated yesterday, however I would like to recommend my friends fan-fiction the story is called I Had High Hopes and is by tristaann of whom I have given a shoutout to twice before now!

Thanks again Fin! 😘