• Chapter Six •

"When does change find us?"      

"She's different, you have to be careful around her. She's only been around males, so we don't know how she is with other femal--Kota, are you even listening to me?" Leon cut himself off with a growl.

"Yes, why would't I be?" His sister shot back, making a noise of annoyance. 

"Then act like you are. This is serious, okay?" 

She sat on the other side of the closed door, listening to their conversation. She had spent the night in the woods, feeling as though being a house full of werewolves she didn't know was intrusive, not to mention uncomfortable for her. 

Now, she was waiting to be introduced to this over exuberant female that demanded to know her. She already had a bad feeling, the constant joy a dampening feeling on her indifference. She was observant enough to know that this girl was Leon's sister, called Deikota, and she didn't understand why his sister had such an interest in her. 

She wasn't anything special. 

Finally, it seemed that Leon and Cassius got Deikota to contain herself enough - or convinced themselves - and her head turned towards the door as she heard the doorknob jingle. The room she'd stayed in when she first arrived had been revamped, and it felt less like a prison as a normal door was placed on the hinges and she could leave when she wanted. 

She perked her ears as Leon and Cassius walked in first. They sent her glances that held warning and the feeling in her gut intensified. She felt the need to escape and Sekhet came to surface of her mind, her skin tingling with a strange sensation. 

Was she actually afraid? 

Another male entered the room and her muscles bunched on instinct as she didn't recognize him. He was tall with a slender, muscular body, and his jet black hair slicked back. His eyes were a smoldering brown, an irresolute expression burdening them.

Why did she feel trapped?

She tried to keep herself calm, breathing deeply, and yet the unease could not be subdued. Her mind was at war with her instincts. Her eyes skirted towards Cassius. She silently pleaded her emotions and Cassius's eyes flashed with understanding mere seconds before an excited squeal pierced her sensitive ears and she winced away. 

"Kota, NO.

But, it was too late. 

A warm body crashed into hers and feminine arms locked themselves around her neck, freezing everything in her body as if made of stone. 

Deadly silence followed in the measly seconds before a snarl rumbled through her chest, Sekhet trying to claw through the barrier allowing her control. The males cursed around her, yet before they could react, she violently jerked herself from Deikota's grasp.