• Chapter Twelve •

"Who is to define fun?"      

She didn't really know what to think. 

Of course, Cassius never really gave her the opportunity to think. She was quickly indulged in learning the human life before she could even step back and assess why. She learned that her human body needed to sleep a minimum of eight hours at night, so she fell into a daily routine of it. 

It was odd - having to sleep so much - but she found herself beginning to enjoy it. The feeling of being able to lay down and just forget the world as darkness claimed the sun was like tasting serenity. Sometimes, she'd wander into the kitchen late at night and snatch up a few treats. 

She quickly discovered that Cassius hid sweets all over the place - and boy was he going to be whining when he figured out she'd eaten them all. She was addicted to coffee, always asking for some in the morning, and she loved toast with apple butter. 

The pain that she felt from being human in her past was less of a concern as she grew comfortable with the men in the Alpha's house once again. They were patient as she overcame her anxiety, and she eventually started to join some of them for movie nights. 

Her relationship with her brothers grew ten fold as she relied on them - instead of her wolf. It was an entirely new feeling, a totally different form of trust, and it was learning how to blossom under careful nurturing. She thought that she had it figured out before, that she'd seen all there was to see, but the Moon Goddess knew there was more. 

She carefully made her way down the stairs - still strengthening her human muscles - after taking a shower and she heard the guys chattering from somewhere in the house, so she decided to follow their voices.

"Hey, you're up early," Cassius suddenly appeared, grinning as he ate a spoonful of his food, "The guys and I were just talking, how do you feel about swimming?" 

She blinked and then shrugged. 

"Words, Reeve." 

At his light scolding, she rolled her eyes. 

"Roll your eyes one more time and find out how much I can tickle you." Cassius warned her, a grin of amusement on his face, and she smiled a little. 

"Swimming is .. fine." She said. 

"Great! We thought that we'd go this afternoon," Cassius replied, glancing over his shoulder when the laughter erupted in the kitchen, "There's this swimming hole a few miles down the river and we haven't gone there for quite a while. It would be like a picnic, have you ever done one of those?"

She nodded, "Yes - although don't remember. I was young." 

Cassius' eyes gleamed with joy, "Well then, we'll give your memories a little refresher. Its gonna be fun! I just gotta go ask Leon for permission."