• Chapter Nine •

"How do you find strength?"        

Leroy healed in the course of two days as his wolf began to regain strength without the wolfsbane poisoning his system. His fatigued eyes brightened, his ashen skin regaining its radiance and he started to rehabilitate his body in training. 

His men followed after him, their strength returning, and Leon began to realize just how close the six of them were. They held a great respect for each other and it was shown in the way they interacted. Leon's warriors were wary the first day, but as they explored their differences, he noticed a brotherliness in them.  

There was much talk about what took place in their past as Leroy reconnected with his closest friends - Darren and Heath - and although there was a melancholic loss, there was also a determination that lingered and it tasted of revenge.

Leon knew that the warriors were banding together in hopes of taking down their enemy, but he knew that it was impossible. The Conquistador Pack was the largest and most ruthless pack in Northern America, they stood in the strength of hundreds - Aloysius Pack only held a fraction of a hundred warriors. 

Yet, he didn't dampen his brothers spirits - maybe the Moon Goddess would assist them in vanquishing the werewolf community of such sinister wolves. However, he also knew that in order to kill the monster they would have to become the monsters. 

Cassius was surprisingly scarce in the pack house and it was oddly silent as he spent most of the days with Reeve. The winter season finally let go and the warmth of the coming summer flooded the forest, bringing to life the vibrant green colors. Trees sported buds, birds chirped from the canopies, and the meadows had grass sprouting from the dead, trodden ground. 

Leon walked towards his house with Leroy and his men following, Leroy cracking jokes with Asher, and their laughter followed him all the way into the kitchen where they found Cassius sitting at the island counter - Deikota and Jasper sitting adjacent of him.

"Hey, Cassius," Asher grinned, taking a seat beside Cassius, "I almost missed you. How's Reeve doing?" 

Leon pulled open the refrigerator and started to pull leftovers from the shelves, Leroy settling in a stool across from Cassius, next to Jasper, and West leaned against the door frame with a suddenly cross look. 

Cassius shoved Asher playfully, "Liar," He stuck his tongue out, "Reeve is doing very good. She can walk around the room now without falling. I think I can convince her to come to dinner tonight."

"That's news," Asher nodded, "She's really been improving." 

Deikota smiled a little, her eyes shining in mischief, and Cassius sent her a questioning look of which she ignored. Jasper glanced over his shoulder at Leroy's men in curiosity, and then West cleared his throat aggressively - which was like a silent request.