• Chapter Thirteen •

"When is the time of change?"        

One Week Later 

"My brothers, our journey has not been easy nor has it been pleasant. We have suffered through a loss that should have served as our death - and yet we survived it. The warriors that we lost will never be forgotten, their spirits live within us, and for it we are gathered together today." 

Leon's voice rung like thunder over the clearing. The warriors were neatly assembled, their faces masks against the past, and it was this day that they knew a past would be lived and overcome. Reeve sat among them beside Cassius, and it was almost like she was there on that fateful day - she lived it with them but miles away. 

"The Moon Goddess has chosen to test our strength and I believe we have executed. Despite the cracks, we didn't slip through, and our reward has been prosperous. We gained something that our enemy tried to steal from us - my brother - as they sought to destroy my heritage because of our strength, but they have not succeeded. 

Leroy is the true Alpha of Aloysius Pack; a name that is for our strength. And with Leroy, five brave warriors have joined us. For this day, we are gathered to officially initiate them into our pack. My brother's protectors, will you please come forth and kneel?" 

The five roguish men stiffly stood from their chairs and walked to the front of the crowd with their shoulders tersely held with honor. The atmosphere was formally tense yet there was a deep pride that lingered - a taste of greatness ready to be acknowledged. Leon gestured to the five men and they instantly dropped to their knees before him, bowing their heads. 

"These men have laid their lives down for my brother," Leon spoke, his Beta appearing behind him with a dagger, "When Leroy was in danger, they protected him from the death that was waiting, and I am eternally grateful; Aloysius Pack thanks you." 

Leon moved in front of West - the first in line - taking the dagger in his hand, "As a former Beta, you have proven your loyalty despite exile. West, as Alpha of Aloysius Pack, I offer you a position in my pack - which can be earned through trial. If you accept, extend your palm and proceed to give an oath by blood." 

West didn't hesitate as he extended his hand and Leon quickly slipped the blade through his palm. Scarlet blood dribbled through West's fingers as he clenched his fist and stood, placing his blood over his heart. West and Leon stared at each other. 

West took a deep breath, "With this blood, I pledge my life to you. I accept you as my Alpha and my loyalty is yours until the last breath leaves my body. If this oath be broken, let death be the punishment." 

Leon accepted the oath and West turned to face the warriors with regal pride as Leon moved onto the next. The initiation went similarly through the men who protected Leroy - Emmett, Oliver, Seamus and Pepper. Leon sliced their palms and they spoke the oath sealed in blood.