• Chapter Eleven •

"What is it to be human?"       

They never knew what a new day would hold. It was as if the sun would rise and call the challenges to awaken, an interchanging process that kept everyone on their toes. One of the challenges that was ever present was Reeve. 

The she-wolf took a different path after the incident with West, and no one was allowed in the Alpha's House without permission. Reeve spent her days hidden away where everyone knew depression was getting to her. They eventually discussed their concern with Alpha Leon, who in turn suggested an idea to Cassius, and then they moved on it. 

Reeve didn't know the extent of happiness that a human could experience. She only knew the world of dark and twisted pain that elicited hostility from her - forcing her to depend on her wolf's strength in order to survive.  She was oblivious to the simpleness of enjoying life. 

So, the pack decided to show her. 

It was a staged process that they'd decided on - and the first thing included letting Reeve explore the human town. Cassius had the best knowledge of human life and he persisted that Reeve get a new haircut - among other little human things. 

Cassius convinced Reeve to leave her room, and as they ate breakfast privately, he took his opportunity. 

"Hey, how about we explore the human town today?" He queried, grinning at her. 

Reeve paused, her silver eyes confused, "I .. don't like .. humans.

He chuckled, her speech was getting better with every day, "I know that, goof. But, do you really know what their life is like? I used to know some personally, they're interesting creatures." 

Her expression twisted into a frown, "I - don't understand." 

"Finish eating," He winked, "I'll take you, and you'll see what I'm talking about." 

Reeve was suspicious but he could see that he'd sparked an interest, and it was barely fifteen minutes before they were heading out the door. Cassius whistled a tune to himself as he led the way to the car garage. He had high hopes for this experiment. 

"Have you ever driven a vehicle before?" He asked once they were buckled in and pulling out of the garage.  

Reeve shook her head. 

Cassius hummed to himself in amusement, his green eyes glinting with enigma. Reeve watched the scenery pass by with an impassive expression. He eventually turned on the radio, and they drove in comfortable silence. 

As soon as the trees began to clear and human developments came into view, Reeve straightened in her seat, her expression shifting slightly to curiosity. He slowed as the jeep cruised down main street, a few humans walking about on the sidewalks.