saturday pt.1

yoongay: hey this is jimin, right?

jiminiecricket: um, yeah... who's this?

yoongay: yoongi, from school.

jiminiecricket: oh...hi yoongi. why'd you message me...?

yoongay: i just wanted to check in on you, i guess. after friday and all.

jiminiecricket: oh, i'm okay.

yoongay: i know it may seem early but are you free today? i want to talk to you, i guess. it's okay if you don't want to. i understand.

jiminiecricket: oh, uh, i'll have to ask my grandma...what time?

yoongay: any time, whatever works for you. im free all weekend.

i waited a while for jimin to respond. i didn't expect him to accept my offer. i honestly just want to...talk to him. after friday, i feel like i... i don't know. it's a weird feeling, i don't understand it. i don't like him like him,

i'm sure i'd know if i did.

i'm supposed to go get him around noon which is in forty-five minutes. he actually lives on the block over from mine; very close. lucky for me because i am not in the mood to walk too far today.

i decided to get there just a little early. i'm bored and alone. i want company for the first time in a long time.

i hesitated before knocking. but then sucked it up and knocked. i tapped my foot. i feel even worse for him now, now that i know what i know. i understand things a little better. but, i'm still confused.

"h-hi, yoongi," jimin opened the door and spoke quietly. a woman, i assume is his grandma, stood behind him. she smiled at me and i gave her a small smile back.

"you boys have fun, okay?" she said, talking mostly to jimin. he gave a small nod and was pretty much pushed out the door by his giggling grandmother. she looked very young.

i was stuck with words. he stood there awkwardly.

"how are you?" i sputtered out, not knowing what else to say.

he shrugged, "i'm-m ok-kay." his voice was still really quiet. i found a park as we were walking down the street so i headed for it.

we sat on the swings and he asked me once again why i'd invited him out today.

"like i said, i just want to talk. after friday everything. if i'm being honest..." i shifted, "i want to get to know you. if you want. it's alright if not. you seem like a sweet guy, really..." i looked over to see jimin with his face in his hands.

he was crying.

__________