final treatment

i figured that jimin might not take this news... well, but it wouldn't hurt to tell him outright. he hates anything to do with my now potentially terminal sickness, as do i.

since the last flare up, i've been going in for occational check-ups and things like that. they just want to make sure nothing is progressing like it was last time.

during my last visit a few hours ago, they told me i'd have to come in for "treatment" again. also known as a few days of burning pain, suffering, starvation, and wishing i was dead. it's a lot of fun, really. believe me.

i knew instantly that jimin was going to hate hearing the news. but, i mean, it's going to make me "better" hopefully. it's really only a matter of time until it works one of these days.

"jiminie?" i asked, walking into our shared bedroom.

"hm?" he turned around in his chair, taking out his earbuds.

"i um-" i really didn't know how to say it.

"it's okay, yoongi. i read the email. they sent me one, too. since i'm your emergency contact, i guess." he stood up out of his chair and walked towards me.

i bit my lip. i'm a grown man yet i still feel like a terrified child.

"maybe they'll let me stay with you this time, yoonie. since we're adults now. i mean, they let me in the other day." he said fiddling with my fingers as we stood facing each other.

"i know... but this is so different, jimin. i- i don't want you to see me like that. i know i've told you what it's like, before, but i don't want you to see it." i sighed and looked down. as much as i really would want him there, i just didn't want to have him see me like that.

"i won't care, yoongi. you know i wouldn't. i've been there to see you with a gun pressed against your head, or been there when you had that horrible stomach flu for a week, or every time you break down crying. yoongi, i love you and i just want to make sure you're always feeling okay. especially when it comes to this." he moved forward, embracing me in a soft hug.

i let out a long breath, "i guess it wouldn't hurt." i didn't like being reminded of that... night. it makes me sick to think of what it would be like if jimin hadn't been there. if he hadn't stopped me-

he lifted my chin up, breaking me from my thoughts.

"hey, don't think about it. let's go get a nice dinner and then cuddle until we have to leave, yeah? i haven't gone little in a while." he chuckled and kissed my cheek quickly before pulling away.

i wasn't a fan of the time the doctors had chosen for me to come in. i didn't sleep well last night since jimin was out with taehyung and jungkook.

"okay, sounds good." i nodded and scratched the back of my head. i didn't want to do this again. really, i could potentially die. this could kill me. at any point this disease could kill me, it's just at higher risk now.

i'm not afraid to admit that i am scared. terrified, even.

▫☁❇☁▫

Jimin POV

"c-can jimin stay w-w-w-with me?" yoongi slured out. i was allowed to sit with him while he had his blood drawn amd the first few medications injected. it was hard to watch.

despite his loopy stature, he had a death grip on my hand. one he'd been holding onto since the first needle.

the nurse looked at me. previously, yoongi had been saying he didn't want me there. but, i knew he really did. plus, there was no way i'd let him go through this alone again.