babies pt.3

this was nothing like caring for robot babies. not at all. jimin and i had gone into parenthood, expecting it to be similar, but we we're wrong. so, so wrong.

the waking up every other hour was about right, though. she didn't cry during the day. she cried when she was alone. it was actually very heartbreaking. we could barely leave her for a few minutes.

so, jimin and i moved her crib into our room. it worked for a while, but soon began to fail.

she would cry until one of us picked her up. we'd get her to calm down, fall asleep, and soon later she'd begin crying again.

one night, i finally gave up and took her back to our bed. i placed her in between us. it seemed to work. she didn't cry for the rest of the night. and that's how it's been for the last few weeks.

jimin and i don't mind it. we like having her there.

my favorite part so far, of having a baby, is getting to come home and see her asleep on her daddy's chest. the sight makes me absolutely weak. to see jimin asleep with a tiny baby on his chest- it just melts my heart.

when we say tiny, we really do mean tiny. she was born prematurely, but she's alright.

and, even now, one year later, she hates sleeping in her own bed.

jimin looked up at me, still softly stroking her soft, black hair, "remember back in high school when you told me you couldn't see a future for yourself?"

i hummed softly, closing my eyes.

"bet you never imagined this." jimin chuckled.

"sure didn't." i smiled and reopened my eyes. jiya made little gurgling noises and grabbed jimin's hand.

"weren't you supposed to be asleep an hour ago, hun?" jimin asked, pulling the sheets up over the three of them.

"yeah, but it won't hurt me. love you, baby." yoongi kissed jimin's lips softly then the same to the top of jiya's head.

▫☁❇☁▫

"happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear min jiya! happy birthday to you~" every one sang. jiya made a gurgling sound as she watched every one around her cheer and smile and clap.

my mom divied out the slices of cake. it was hard for me to believe that jiya was one year old, now. one year since the day she became ours. my heart ached, but it was a good pain.

jimin handed jiya to me and i smiled at her. she bit her tongue and rested her head against my shoulder.

"happy birthday, baby girl." i chuckled. she made grabby hands towards her binkie and taehyung brought it to me.

the span of the party was short. it wasn't long until we all loaded into cars and drove the all too familiar path to our high school.

today was our high school reunion. it was for every single high school in the district. that meant we'd be seeing... a lot of people.

taehyung and jungkook instantly found some old friends of theirs. jimin, jiya, and i just waited patiently for jin and his husband to arive. we are yet to meet his newlywed in person but he seems like a wonderful guy. never seen a single picture of him, though. i find it a little odd.

"jimin-ah!" a voice called from behind us. we turned to see jin skipping happily towards us. he was trailed by namjoon, someone i hadn't seen in a long time.

"guys, guys, guys!" he squealed, reaching out for jiya who looked excited to see her uncle.

"hm?"

"this is my husband. his name is namjoon. yoongi, i think you know him?"

my jaw dropped.

"yeah..."

"nice to see you again, yoongs." he smiled and patted my back, "you, too, jimin."

"i didn't-" i began.

"i know, i know. you didn't expect that i would marry another man. when i was in high school, i was confused- didn't think i was gay. i admired you two very much, honestly. and then a few years ago, jinnie and i began talking and badabing badaboom. we're married." he layed and snaked his arm around jin's waist.

"well, congrats guys. and, it's nice to see you again, too." jimin said, taking jiya back as she began to get a little fussy. he bounced her up and down softly, trying to get her to calm down. we followed the rest of the people to the front enterance. i recognized a few faces, but not many. there was quiet music playing and stands that offered various alcohols and snacks. i personally didn't want to be here but taehyung and jungkook thought that it would be fun.

i looked over at someone in the corner. they seemed to be waving us over. i pointed to the five of us but they held up two fingers. jimin handed jiya to jin and we made our way over. i knew two of the boys and one girl from my environmental sciences class two years in a row. i can't say i liked them in the slighest.

"hey gay boys." one of the girls greeted.

"um, hi?" jimin said hesitantly. a sudden, horrible feeling passed through my veins. a story from years and years ago resurfaced in my mind. before i knew it, it was as if i was re-living that story. gallons of i don't even know what was poured over our heads. jimin and i stood there for a second while everyone laughed.

the scene reminded me oddly enough of a movie i once watched.

"told you this was a bad idea." i mumbled and grabbed jimins hand, huffing. i turned us around and dragged him towards the exit. jin and namjoon were shocked to see what had happened. jiya, well, she found it quite amusing.

"you find this funny, babygirl?" jimin chuckled and follwed jin and namjoon to their car. they pulled out a few towels from when they went to the beach. they promised that the towels were, for the most part, not sandy. we dried ourselves off, not enjoying the feeling of being sticky all over.

"that's a sign we should probably get going. can you guys tell kook and tae we left? you don't have to tell them what happened." i shrugged my shoulders and got into the driver's seat. jimin clipped jiya into her carseat and got in next to me.

once home, i changed jiya into her onesie and put her into her crib. jimin pulled me into the shower, beginning to wash me himself because he hated how the substance had begun to smell- not wanting the house to small like that. and... well, you know what happened next.

 ▫☁❇☁▫

A/N: i just looked over and the chandiler in the room across from me was... like, spinning back and forth? I don't know how to explain it but it was slow and repettitive. it went to the same spot every time and then began spinning the other way so that's fun. it stopped when i tried to take a video. but do you guys know where the Clown Motel is? it's in nevada... tonopah. so i went there with my family and took a rock from a grave and now weird stuff is happening so if i don't update for a few weeks that means i was killed by the ghost of mary donahue. and uhhhhhhh kcon was today. in2it (plus momoland and pentagon my loves and crush and amber and nu'est w and wanna one and stuff) was there and they were twerking and they called everyone in the crowd sexy. edward avila was there too! ahh my gay hubby. they all look exactly the same in person. i know a lot of people are like "idols look different in person" but no bish they look the same and beautiful leave me alone.