suspension

One month later...

i couldn't find jimin.

that generally worries me but he told me the counselor likes to meet with him a lot and that's why he seems to disappear.

only, something didn't feel right. i had a bad and nervous feeling all of lunch. he said he was going to the bathroom in second period and that was two classes ago and now lunch.

i finally had enough of it and got up, startling namjoon who'd forced me to sit with him today. he reacted better to me coming out as gay than the others did.

i threw away my trash and exited the lunch room. where do i go?

i went to the school counselor's room first. i knocked on the door and she opened it.

"oh, hello mr. min." she smiled.

"have you seen jimin today?"

"no, i haven't, why? is he sick? i was looking for him earlier but couldn't find him." she frowned.

"i texted him a while ago but he never responded. he went to the bathroom around our second core and i haven't seen him since."

"oh? check in with the nurse and see if he was there." she suggested.

i nodded. my original plan was to go to the nurse but i wanted to check the bathroom first.

i noticiably changed in stature and facial expression when i saw the familiar black hoodie that once resided in the back of my closet.

he was curled in a ball in the corner of the bathroom under the sinks.

"jimin?" i rushed over and knelt down next to him. i tried to get him to look at me but he kept his face covered; crying.

well shit. i noticed the red substance that was dripped between his fingers.

"jimin, let me see." i lightly tugged at his shoulders. i took a deep breath. if he's hurt, chances are he's in little space.

"baby, please let me see." he sort of froze and let me turn him around. my heart sunk.

"jiminie, who did this to you?" i asked, getting pissed.

"h-h-hoseok."

"of fucking course." i muttered, trying to get jimin to stand up. he did, but slowly.

"hurts." he mumbled and squeezed his eyes shut.

"shh, i know."

i grabbed a paper towel and wet it, "can i?" i asked, wanting his permission first.

"okay, just squeeze my hand if it hurts and i'll stop." the paper towels arent made of the softest material exactly.

i carefully wipped away the blood on his lip and below his eye and on the side of his head. just looking at him filled me with rage.

i finished and threw the towels away. "was it only him?"

he shook his head no, "there were t-two m-more. i d-don't know w-who." his voice was very quiet.

"is this all they did?" i held this sidea of his face carefully, studdying his eyes. i could tell there was something he wasn't telling me.

"h-he t-touched me." he muttered, his voice cracking.

i took a deep breath to keep myself calm, "we're going to call your grandma to come get you, okay? i'll come and see you after school and make sure you're okay." i kissed his lips lightly, causing a small smile to play at them.

i took him to the nurse and she checked him out before calling his grandma to come get him.

"bye, jiminie." i kissed him once more before he left.

i instantly left the office, ignoring the questions she was asking me.

i went straight to the class i knew hoseok was in. he was conveniently standing at the teacher's desk, in front of the whole class.

i walked in, not thinking and grabbed his shirt. i kneed him in the stomach before punching him square in the jaw.

before i knew it, i was being dragged to the front office and given a one week suspension after explaining why i did it. it was supposed to be three weeks but hoseok will be taking the two off of mine onto his as well as a... talk from juvenile services.

i crumpled the paper in my hand and stuffed it in my pocket as i approached jimin's front door.

it was opened almost immedietly by his grandma, "he's been in his room and won't come out. what happened to him?" she sounded panicked and worried.

i carefully explained everything up to the point of my suspension.

"the suspension was worth it."

"well, i'm glad he's okay for the most part. will you go see if you can get him to come down eventually?"

"of course." i told her then hurried up the stairs. i knocked, "jimin? it's me."

he opened it and pulled me in. his eyes were puffy and red.

i sat down on his bed with my back on the wall, allowing him to koala himself onto me.

"i'm so sorry they did that to you, baby." i rubbed his back, "but, i did give him what he deserves. let's just say i wont be there for the next week. i'm sorry. i really don't want to leave you alone."

"i have perfect grades, i'm sure one week off can't hurt. we can go somewhere, just us?" he asked, almost rushed. i was shocked. his stutter was gone. now i get what he means by how it goes away when he feels safe, loved, and protected.

"if your grandma is okay with it, i'd love to. i just don't want it to hurt your grades or atrendance record or anything."

"it's okay, i don't care too much about those things. i just get good grades because i guess i have a really high iq?" he huffed, readjusting his arms around my back.

"do you feel any better, physically?"

"they don't hurt as much anymore. i'm usually okay with p-physical pain. just not emotional."

something seemed difderent in him. his voice was different, obviously. it was a different kind of big space i'd never seen him in until now.

"it's okay, i won't let them hurt you ever again." i tightened my arms around his torso.

"promise?"

"promise."

if only i was able to hold up to that promise.

- -

-

-

-

-
A/N: I feel bad for making my bby Hoseok the bad guy