mom

i was kissed by jimin and then he shoved me out of the car. he shut and locked the door, not allowing me back in. i stuck up the middle finger.

'gladly' jimin mouthed. i rolled my eyes and turned around, looking at the coffee shop in front of me.

i really, really don't want to do this. but, jimin is right. i should give her a shot.

i walked up to the door and let myself in. i searched around and my eyes soon landed on the familiar figure.

i took in a deep, shaky breath and walked forward, taking a seat across from her.

"hi." i said in a low voice. i feel like such a child. i'm a grown man, i should be able to do this. but of course who would i be without crying a little?

i stood up and ran. of course. just as i suspected i'd do. i wasn't running out of fear. i don't know how to explain why i was running. i was shocked, mostly. i'd seen her for the first time the other day and it didn't go well. but- but now it was different. this is my mother. the woman who gave me life. who left my sister and i.

jimin hopped out of the car and caught me in a hug.

"aw, honey, what happened?" he asked, rubbing my back. i didn't answer. i wasn't able to answer. something in my head clicked. i sensed my mom had followed me outside so i broke away from jimin and turned around.

she stood looking at me worriedly. she seemed so much different from the other day. then, she was filled with anger, hesitancy, and fear- much like myself. this look- it absolutely broke me. my foster mom never saw me this way- nor my own sister. yeah, jimin looks at me like this but it is so different when coming from your mother.

i may be twenty-five but i cried like a small child, attaching myself to her. through my tears, i opened my eyes to see jimin smiling at me. it was that soft smile that makes my heart flutter every time.

"i'm sorry, mom." i choked on my own breaths.

"it's alright, yoongi. i'm sorry, too. for the way i spoke to you the other day. that was very wrong of me." she sighed and kissed the side of my head.

i pulled away, "this isn't how I thought today would go." i laughed and wipped my eyes. i walked over to jimin, leaning my head on his.

"thank you for making me come. i'm sorry for being so moody about it."

"it's alright, hun." jimin reached up to wipe my tears. i took in a few shaky breaths and stood back.

"i'm such a baby, i'm sorry guys." i said, hanging my head.

"yoongs, it's okay." jimin said, slightly chuckling, "oh, do you remember kyle from seinor year?"

"of course i do." i said, my face going expressionless. oh boy do i remember him.

"hate to be harsh and abrupt, but i figured i'd throw it out there- he died."

"good."

"yoongi!" jimin hit my arm.

"what!? i didn't like him. plus, he wasn't very nice to you," i frowned.

"i know, b-but still. it's sad when someone dies." he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

jimin then shooed me back inside with my mother. her and i sat and talked for hours. jimin just went and did some grocery shopping.

her and i talked about close to everything. we talked about every year leading up to now. we talked about random, cool, or important things that have happened.

it felt nice, honestly. i never thought i would ever meet my mother. but, the moment i did, i was filled with such hostility and anger. i regret all of it- yet she greeted me with the same at the time.

jimin came by to grab me later that day. i felt sad leaving but i knew i'd be seeing more of her in the future.