mud pt.3

Jimin POV

i never like waking up on a weekend to find yoongi gone and not answering his phone. naturally, i could only begin to panic. maybe he just went to the store and his phone died... he does have a cold after all.

if he was in another crash, i surely would have been notified by now.

"come on, yoongi." i mumbled, calling him for probably the twentieth time this morning. i couldn't help but feel like this was all my fault we'd gotten into a fight last night- and a pretty bad one if you'd ask me. we don't usually fight very much.

"seriously, yoongi? i'm not going to get into this with you again." i sighed and stood up from the table. i was thankful that jiya had already gone to sleep. she shouldn't hear us fighting.

yoongi just rested his head in his hands, shaking it slowly back and forth.

"you need to learn how to face things on your own-"

"i do know how to face things on my own, jimin." he picked his head up.

"apparently, you don't. if you did then you wouldn't be in this mess." i felt stupid for arguing with him over something so silly. but, he just needs to learn how to do certain things on his own. i can't be there to save him every time there's some confrontation needed with someone he's "afraid" of or something like that. this time, it's some new girl at work who has taken a liking to him. i don't really have to worry about him cheating on me with a woman, much less at all, but it always is a small fear of mine just pressed into the back of my mind.

"i'm supposed to work with her- i need to keep her- if i want to get paid."

"how is it so hard for you to understand? just tell her you're gay and you're married with a daughter." i made sure to emphasize the last part, "i can't help but think you don't want to tell her off. maybe you're a little interested in her, huh, yoongi? is that why?"

my throat tightened at the words. i didn't know what i was saying. all of my fears were just spilling from me.

"jimin, you know i would never do that."

"how can i be so sure?" my eyes began to well up. he coughed a few times, reminding me that he'd come down with a bad cold a few days ago. i did feel bad. i didn't want to fight, knowing he was sick. all i really wanted to do was sit and cuddle while watching something on netflix. is that too much to ask right now?

normally, i try to shut down arguments but he seemed to be getting mad.

"you've just got to trust me."

"i don't know if i can, yoongi. after hearing all you've said about this little 'situation' of yours, i just don't know." my voice got much quieter. i forced the tears back. no crying tonight. maybe this will end soon and we'll end up on the couch, just like i hope to.

"then what's the point of even trying to ask me something? if you can't even trust me." his voice became quiet like mine- but something in his tone just broke my heart. i tried to speak but no words left my mouth.

"i'll sleep," he coughed a few times, "on the couch tonight." yoongi stood from the table and left the kitchen. i bit my lip and let out a long breath.

"you don't have to, yoongi."

"no, you said it yourself. it's not like we've been together for half our lives or anything. who's to say i won't hurt you while you're sleeping or something like that?"

"that's not what i meant."

"save it. i'm done with this shit. goodnight, jimin." he flipped off the light and i silently retreated to our room. but, of course, being the husband i am, i didn't let him sleep on the couch. i went back down a few hours later.

"i'm sorry, honey." i whispered, "i really didn't mean what i said." i leaned forward and kissed his forehead, feeling that it was really hot. i picked him up and carried him back to the bedroom. i thought everything would be okay until i woke up to find him gone.

▫☁❇☁▫