Chapter 2

Rydel's Pov

"Rydel are you awake?" I heard my mom ask. "Yeah" I said. I stood up and put in one of Riker's hoodies I stole. I walked downstairs and grabbed a banana. "Rydel,honey eat some pancakes" my mom said. "No I'm good I'm not really hungry" I said as I headed to the table where all my brothers were.

 "I'll eat Rydel's pancakes!" Ross said with a mouth full of pancakes. "Ross don't talk with food in your mouth!" My mom yelled. After I finished my banana I started to head upstairs and then I heard the doorbell ring. "Delly will you get that." Riker asked. "Ugh sure" I scoffed. I opened the door and saw Ell "Hey Ell" I said as I hugged him. "Hey, um can we talk?" Ell asked unsurely. "Yeah sure" I said kinda scared, he seemed determined and that just scared me even more.

Ell's Pov

As we walked outside I was kinda scared because I was gonna ask Rydel something kinda bad, well not really, I just don't know how she's gonna react. "So what did you want to talk about?" Delly asked kinda worried. okay let's just do this "um why are you so depressed all the time?" I asked fast. "What?" She asked all confused. "Why are you so depressed all the time?" I asked slower. "What?, why do you even care no one ever does and it's none of your business" she completely snapped at me. 

"Rydel of course I care I'm your best friend." I said walking towards her. She backed away "No one cares cause I'm ugly and worthless". She said on the verge of tears. "Rydel, you are not ugly or worthless you're perfect, you're practically an angel." I said. "If I'm so perfect why haven't I had a boyfriend or my first kiss yet?" She ask angrily while tear slipped down her face. I stayed silent I didn't know what to say I mean ugh. "Exactly" she said as she walked off. "Rydel" I said but she kept walking, what did I do now I thought as tears slipped from my eyes.

Rydel's Pov

I walked away from Ell I didn't want him to see me cry. As I walked up the stairs my vision was blurry due to the tears and I ran into someone, Riker. Great. "Hey Ryd-woah what's happened?" He said worried. "Nothing" I said flatly as I started to walk off he grabbed my wrist gently. " no tell me what's wrong!" He said kinda harsh. "I said nothing, leave me alone" I said as I pulled away from his grip. He tried to catch me but I ran into my room and locked the door. I sat on my bed " why me?" I said and I started to bawl harder into the pillow and thought about Ellington out in my backyard crying. My life is a mess and I'm bringing my mess into others people lives.