Im Sorry

Harry had been sitting outside in his boxers for an hour waiting for his jeans to dry. He had been working in the flower beds as Dudley and his friend Dustin threw a football back and forth. Dudley smiled at Dustin and picked up the hose. Dustin's eyes widen as he saw the cruel eyes take aim at the 10 year old. Dudley squeezes the handle and water shot out hitting Harry harshly in the back. Harry let out a small gasp at the contact of freezing water on the welts across his back. He bit his lower lip hard and tried to hold back the tears as his newly healed slashes on his back were torn open again with the jets on the green tube. Dudley smirked and dropped the hose.
"Aww wittle baby pottah had a witttle accident." Dudley taunted. "Does itty bitty baby need a spankin for wetting hisself?"
Before Harry-or Dustin- could understand what Dudley meant or prepare for it at all, Dudley had grabbed Harry and thrown him on his stomach in the dirt.
"Duddley! No! Please!" Harry cried, his bum still hurt from the feral belt that had bit his backside for an hour the previous night before moving to his back. Dudley laughed and spanked Harry hard. Harry let out a sob of pain and Dustin jumped.
"Dudley! Pl-Please!" Harry cried, blood starting to show through his shirt.
"Now now wittle Harry you need to learn not to have accidents!" Dudley said, holding the scrawny boy down and smacking his butt again.
"Dudley, he said stop, man." Dustin said, stepping forward and looking at Harry sympathetically.
"You're going to stand up for him?" Dudley asked, letting go of his cousin "Dustin it's okay. Harry knows Im just playing with him."
Dustin looked at the twig of a boy that had tears falling from bright green eyes and who was currently rubbing his behind.
"Does he?" Dustin asked.
Dudley looked at Dustin confused and somewhat shocked.
"Hey, Dust, he's just a freak." Dudley said "It's okay."
"I don't think it is. I'm going home." Dustin said, stubbornly.
"Fine! Be that way! I dont need you anyways!" Dudley shouted, stomping into the kitchen.
Dustin shook his head and picked up his backpack from the ground.
"You ok?"
"Yeah." Harry said, keeping his eyes on the grass.
"I hope he didn't hit you too hard. It looked painful." Dustin said, concered.
"Nah, Im used to it." Harry said.
Green eyes went wide with fear and looked into amber eyes.
"Im u-used to D-Dudley picking on m-me, not g-getting hit."
"I got it, dude." Dustin said, starting to walk to the gate.
"Oh..." Harry mumbled.
"Hey come look at this snake I found!" Dustin called from by the gate.
Harry got up and ran to where the taller boy was. He leaned over to see a small garter snake

 He leaned over to see a small garter snake

Harry smiled at the small reptile.
"It'sss ssso pretty" Harry said, admiring the small scales all over the snake's body.
"Thanksss"  The snake hissed.
"Woah! It can talk!" Harry exclaimed, turning to look at Dustin "Did you hear it talk?"
Dustin was looking at Harry, terrified.
"What's wrong?" Harry asked confused.
Dustin ran out of the yard, his heart pumping fast.
"Dustin?!" Harry called, watching him run "what did I do?"
Dustin never answered and he never came back to school after that. It was rumoured that he moved to Arkansas with his grandfather, but no one know what was the truth and what wasnt. Over time everyone forgot about Dustin, but Dustin Hyerarkee never forgot the boy with the green eyes that could talk to snakes.

Months passed from when Dustin dissapeared from the face of Earth and Harry was staring at his uncle in shock.
"But dad I don't want him to go to the zoo with us!" Dudley was whining.
"I'm not leaving him alone to destroy the house!" Vernon said, bitterly.
"But dad!"
"No arguing he is going!" Vernon said.
Dudley pouted and went outside to get into the car. Petunia quickly followed and as Vernon was about to turn Harry somehow managed to speak.
"U-U-Uncle V-Vernon?" Harry asked, already regretting it as Vernon turned to glare at him.
"What?" He spat, his face an unhealthy shade of red.
"C-couldn't I j-just st-stay at the p-park all day l-like I do after school s-sometimes?" Harry whispered.
"And have the neighbors call the cops for child neglect? Id think not! Now get in the car and shut your trap! "
Harry went to get into the car, but Vernon stopped him.
"Im warning you boy. Any funny business. Any at all and you wont have any food for a week." He snarled.
"Y-yes, U-Uncle Vernon..."