Green Skinned

Harry had set out towards land an hour after his family had left. He had supplies but he didn't like the state they were in. The food was okay since they had bought it only a day or two before but the blankets and furniture was in terrible condition. He rowed hard against the small waves struggling to make it to shore. When he was merely 50 feet from land he let go of the control and rode the waves to the ruddy dock nearby. His muscles were sore already and it was only ten in the morning. He tied the boat to the creaky dock and walked towards town, his wet sneakers squishing uncomfortably. He walked for several hours before he made it to a tavern called the dusty moon. He stumbled inside feet bleeding slightly and leaned against the bar. A teenager with brown hair, who looked rather familiar stood behind the counter.
"Hey, Harry. You look terrible." The familiar boy said while rubbing down the counter with a rag.
"How do you- YOU!" Harry exclaimed softly "You're the boy from the zoo!"
"The name's Cadence (K-Dense). And you're Harry Potter." The boy said, turning to grab a water from the shelf behind him. "Now we've gotten that out of the way... What are you doing here? It isn't safe. You shouldn't be out in the open."
"Well, why not?" Harry asked.
"I can't tell you right now. It's not safe. Just know that I've been watching you for a very long time, Harry. A very long time. Of course you wouldn't remember that because of the..." Harry didn't catch the last part of that and drank the water that was handed to him. Cadence looked around and growled softly.
"We need to go." He said sharply.
"What? Why?" Harry said, standing straight.
"No time. Come." Cadence grabbed Harry's arm and pulled him behind the bar and through a hatch on the floor. They climbed down a ladder and jumped onto a dirt floor.
"Will you tell me what's-"
"Shhh" Cadence cut off Harry, grabbing his hand and running through the tunnel.
Harry jumped as a loud crashing sound echoed through the dirt cavern they dashed through.
"Where'd they go?" A deep voice said from behind them.
"That way!" Another voice said as footsteps rang out towards them.
"Fuck" said Cadence, pulling Harry into his arms.
"What are you-?" Cadence gave Harry a stern look and shot out faster than Harry had ever gone before. He burried his head in the teenaer's shoulder and closed his eyes tight. Cadence pushed his legs faster, not daring to look behind him for he knew he was being persued.
"Avada Kedevra!" One man called out and a green light flashed next to Cadence's head.
He growled deep in his throat and ran faster, aware that he had no time to fight.
"Think of home Harry. Think of home. Focus on it." Cadence said breathlesly, aware that the tunnel was inclining and he would be past the wards soon. He saw sunlight ahead and pushed harder. "Think of your bedroom. Focus only on that."
Harry thought of the tiny cupboard under the stairs and the matress on the floor with in. He felt arms tighten around his torso and whimpered slightly. His stained matress, yellow and pink with years of sweat and blood. A carving on the stairs above his pillow that said 'Harry's room' a bucket stained from urine and vomit. Harry focused on the musky scent of mold and dust that always remained in the room. Cadence ran through the wards and dissaparated the second he crossed. Harry felt as if he was being sucked into a tube and cried out as his head slammed against wood. Cadence groaned as he fell tangled onto a soggy matress. Harry rubbed his head and opened his eyes to familiar darkness.
"Where are we?" Cadence groaned, sitting up on the bed "we should be in-"
"My bedroom." Harry inturupted. "But how? Why are we here? Why would you bring me bac-" his words were cut off as he heard the front door open "we have to go. We have to get out of here. We have to go!" Harry whispered, terrified.
"What are you-"
"WE HAVE TO GO!" Harry whispered urgently.
"Alright, Alright. Give me your arm." Cadence grabbed Harry's arm and apparated to the gates of the zoo. He blinked in the sunlight blinded for a seccond and looked around him. "Alright would you mind telling me what that was-" he stopped as he looked at Harry clearly for the first time in the full light. It wasn't the messy hair or scar that made him stare. It wasn't the fast paced breathing or the trembling of Harry's hands that made his breath stop. It wasn't even the wide tearfilled eyes or bloody shoes that made his heart break. It was the boys skin. It was the boys' blood stained, yellow and green skin and the black bruise that covered half of his face.
"Who did this to you?"