Maybe if I say no theyll love me

Dudley sat up and screamed as the booming knocks upon the door continued.
"What the bloody hell is going on?!" Vernon screamed from the loft above where he and his wife had just a few minutes before been asleep.
Vernon slowly crept down the stairs, a shotgun in his hands. 'Well,' thought Harry 'that explains the package' Another rather large bang sounded on the door before the ancient hinges gave way and it crashed to the ground. In fright Harry jumped into the musty linen closet and clanped a hand over his mouth. He was overcome with a sudden feeling of Deja Vu and forgot for a moment what he was hiding from. Was it, perhaps, his uncle he feared? Had he not cleaned properly? Was the dinner he had prepared not been cooked thoroughly? But when he heard a low grumbling voice from nearby his instincts cleared his mind enough to realise that Vernon was not in fact the threat.
"Sorry 'bout tha'" a bear-like voice said from the main room.
Harry saw a hand the size of a trash can pick up the door from his perefrial (side) vision. He breathed heavily into his scabbed hand and hid behind further in the moldy sheets.
"Well I 'aven't seen you since 'ou was a baby 'Arry bu' you're a bi' further along than I would've imagined, specially in the middle" the voice said.
"I-i-i'm n-not Harry." Dudley stuttered out.
"Oh, I'm sorry" the monster in the next room spoke "You mus' be Dudley then. Sorry to hea' you won' be joining us at Hogwarts. I'm sure you would've fit right in. 'Specially bein' Harry's cousin. You woulda been almos' as famous as he is." The voice continued.
Harry's heart raced faster and he hid further, his back hitting the wall. Dudley seemed at a loss of words and was thinking the same thing Harry was. "This giant is mad. Harry's/I'm not famous." The giant man looked around the room. Although, Harry couldn't see the action.
"Where is Harry?" He spoke.
Vernon finally spoke up from the stairwell.
"He's asleep. And you'll not be waking him." Vernon said matter of fact.
"Oh tha' is a problem. I have to be fetchin' young Harry. Proffesor Dumbledore said so. I'm to give him his letter for Hogwarts."
"Well you needn't bother." Vernon interrupted "He'll not be going."
"Oh and I'm to believe and great, big muggle like yourself is going to stop him?"
"Muggle?" Dudley asked at the same time Harry whispered "What's a muggle?"
"Non magic folk" Hagrid said off handedly towards Harry's cousin. "Harry's had his name on the list to Hogwarts ever since he was born! He'll be going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardy there ever was AND" he emphasized quite proudly "He'll be taught by the finest headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen; ALBUS DUMBLEDORE"
'Odd name' Harry thought slowly shifting through the closet to peek out at the man. He had wild brown hair that had twigs and leaves stuck in it and his jacket looked like it was made of several horse hides. He was huge. Harry immediately was reminded of the story Dudley told him once of a man that escaped a psychiatric ward that was coming to eat them. Harry had jumped at the shouted last words of the story causing Dudley to laugh loudly and Hardy to blush bright red. It had been a good day when that happened. Harry and petunia made cookies together and Vernon even helped him with his school work. Dudley even taught him how to ride a bike that day. It was a good day and Harry suddenly wanted that to be his life from now on. So when Vernon pointed the gun at the beastly man in front of them Harry jumped out of the closet.
"He'll not be going!" Vernon repeated.
The man was about to respond, and Vernon had a very red face which usually meant he was about to say something rather insulting. Harry took this oppurtunity to walk over and grab Vernon's free hand.
"Daddy" he said, softly making Vernon look at him in surprise "I don't want to go."
"Harry," the stranger said, also shocked that Harry had reffered to this man as anything besides Uncle. "I don't understand. Don't you want to go to hogwarts?"
Harry took a step forward and glared at the stranger.
"The only place I want to go is home and since ours is covered with feathers and those annoying letters you keep sending me I can't even do that. Sorry to be rude, but I am not going with a crazy looking stranger to some school in another country to learn magic. Especially since MAGIC DOESN'T EXIST" Harry spoke in the same tone he'd heard Vernon using with tough clients on the phone.
Vernon looked at his nephew still in shock and felt sone warmth fill his chest. Was he feeling pride? Yes, that's it. Vernon was for the first time in his life proud of Harry.
"I don't know how you know my name. I don't know how you know where I live but I am going to tell you this once. LEAVE. ME. ALONE."
The stranger flinched slightly and dropped his head in dissapointment.
"Alrigh' Harry. I'll tell Professor Dumbledore not to expect you this year at 'ogwarts." He picked the door up and popped it back into frame and left.
"Good riddance" Petunia spat from where she had been standing nearby.
"Come boys," Vernon said patting Harry's shoulder. "Let's go to bed"