Later in 1981

"Uncle, what are we doing here?"
Cadence held tightly to Newt's shaking hand as they stood outside a muggle house.
"Hush" Newt replied, staying hidden in the shrubbery.
"I'm cold" Cadence said, quietly.
Newt threw his leather jacket on the small boy and focused on the black street.
"Why are we-" there was a popping noise nearby and Newt clamped his hand over the child's mouth.
An old man in long purple robes appeared in the middle of the street.
"Sheilds up" Newt breathed into his boy's ear.
Cadence tried, struggling, to keep his occlumency sheilds in place and kept silent as he had been trained to do his whole life. Newt watched as the elder walked up to a grey cat and began to speak.
"I should have known you were here," he said mysteriously "Proffesor McGonagol."
The cat transformed into a woman and their muffled voices carried on the wind to the hidden ears nearby. Cadence watched Newt confused. He was acting strangely and Cadence wanted to know why.
"You don't know what you're dealing with. These muggles they really are-"
"The only family he has left." The old man spoke.
A roaring noise filled the air and Cadence's eyes went wide as a giant man flew onto the street on a motercycle. He was holding a bundle in his ams and Cadence leaned forward to get a closer look. Newt felt the shift and grabbed the boy's arm, silently telling him not to move. Cadence went back to his original spot and struggled to hear what the strange people were saying.
"Don't cry Hagrid. After all," the old man said "it's not really goodbye after all."
Newt waited, stiff as a board for twenty minutes after the people had left before he walked over to the porch of the muggle family and looked down at the baby on the doorstep. Cadence ran behind him.
"Oh!" He gasped leaning down to look at the sleeping babe.
"Don't touch it." Newt ordered.
Cadence looked up at his uncle confused by the strange behaviour. The man had never not wanted to help anyone before.
"But, Uncle, he is going to get cold." Cadence said.
Newt ignored him and studied the child on the hard pavement.
"He'll get sick." Cadence added, looking softly at the child.
"Don't touch it." Newt repeated.
Cadence sighed and stepped away from the baby. Newt pulled out his wand and pointed it at the toddler he was wrapped in a blanket. He whispered a simple tracking charm and thought for only a moment that if he killed the child he wouldnt have to worry anymore. He wouldnt have to hide. He wouldnt have to be afraid.
Cadence looked up at his uncle and felt his heart begin to race as the elder paled and began to sweat. His wand shook badly and his eyebrows were furrowed in concentration like that muggle actor Johnny Depp's did sometimes in Edward Scissorhands. Cadence knew that look too well. It was the look he had before he killed an injured animal. It was a pained look. One Cadence hated. He closed his eyes tight, horrified at what his Uncle was about to do when suddenly there was a loud ringing instead. Cadence opened his eyes to see Newt repeatedly pushing the doorbell and felt his heart relax. There were loud footsteps coming down the staircase inside and a shrill voice of a woman saying "who the bloody hell is ringing at this hour?"
Newt grabbed Cadence's hand and swallowed hard, looking at the baby on the ground and dissaparated just before the door was wrenched open.