Diagon Alley/Gringots

Harry was oddly quiet at breakfast which Cadence figured to be normal for the boy. Newt had been in the middle of a story as usual when he started laughing.
"By the time I was through with him he looked like a house elf!" He looked at Harry and started to laugh. Harry had become accustomed to the odd ramblings of the old man and though they were fascinating to listen to he very much doubted most of what he was saying. All these wonderful creatures the man kept spewing on about but so far he had only seen a blue monkey and a turtle with a nasty habit of turning to goo. If he had so many creatures then where were they? Why hadn't he seen any? And what in the world was a house elf? How was he supposed to know what they looked like?
"You doubt me, Harry Potter?" Newt laughed some more "Well I shall have to prove it wont I?"
"I suppose" Harry mumbled, unhappily stirring around the eggs on his plate.
"Well, fa-" a glare stole the word from Cadence's mouth "Uncle, I don't think Harry has seen a House Elf before. I doubt he'd know what one would look like"
Harry gave a grateful glance to the elder boy and smiled softly. Newt laughed some more and called in this mysterious Lawrence he had been talking about. Harry gasped and leaned back in his chair as a small man with pointy ears and leathery skin popped in the room. It stood at about 3 feet high, slightly smaller than Harry and had on a shirt with the word "Scammander" sewn across the front. On the back, though Harry couldn't see it the name "Lawrence" was sewn in. The strange creature bowed and spoke in a crinkly voice.
"How may I be in service to Master Potter?"
"Oh! Bu-but!" Harry cried out looking at Newt horrified.
"We don't need anything, Lawrence. Just introducing young Harry here to the rest of the family. I believe youve already met our Aunt in the front hall." Newt said "You don't have to stick around here, Lawrence, go enjoy your meal."
Lawrence bowed and dissapeared with a sharp crack. Harry, who had his hands clamped on the table sat in shock for a few moments. Newt looked at Harry and smiled softly at the boys shock, as his eyes went back to his own plate something caught his eye. A shining, black something that was on Harry's middle finger.
"What's-"
"Harry found it in a floor board." Cadence inturrupted, taking a bite of bacon "Told him he could keep it."
Newt had an uneasy feeling that he had seen that ring before but kept that to himself. A clock nearby struck 7 O'Clock and he gasped.
"Blimey is that the time! Lawrence finish up quickly, my friend we must be out by eight!" and with that being said he scooped the rest of his eggs into his mouth and rushed out of the room to go pack.
"Have you got everything you need Harry?" Cadence asked, finishing the last of his toast.
Harry looked at his ring and nodded. It was the only thing he had that was truly his so as long as it sat upon his finger he didn't care about anything else. Harry quickly drank the last of his orange juice and stood up.
"Come along then. We've got to go to Diagon." Cadence took Harry's hand and looked at him warmly "Ready then?"
Harry nodded and held tighter to the teenager.
"WE ARE LEAVING!" Cadence yelled, a faint 'aye do what ya want' greeting them from within the house "Hold on tight, Harry."
Harry did as he was told.
"Oh and Harry? Try to keep hold of your breakfast."
Caddence winked and suddenly there was wind wooshing around them and Harry's stomach was doing flips. When the ground suddenly stopped moving they were standing in a dirty alleyway and Cadence had a wand to Harry's head.
"Cay? What are-"
The wand made a strange motion and Harry heard Cadence whisper something although he couldnt quite make it out. Cadence sighed and relaxed, putting his wand away.
"Sorry, Harry. Had to do it here, couldn't risk it there. People were watching."
"Who was watching? Where are we? What did you do?" Harry asked.
"Hush, Harry. You dont need to worry about such things. Just know that you dont look like yourself anymore. Okay? And from this point on, unless we are in Gringotts or at home your name is Caleb. We can't chance them finding you." Cadence looked around as if checking to make sure no one was listening.
"Come on then," he grabbed Harry's hand tightly and pulled him through the crowded pavement (sidewalk. Apparently british people call it pavement. Dan and Phil makin fun of us States 😒😉 heh heh on with the show!) Harry jogged slightly to keep up and felt his heart beat pick up.
"Cadence does this have anything to do with Vol-"
"QUIET HA-CALEB!" Cadence said, clamping a hand over Harry's mouth. "I will answer your questions later. I promise. For now just do what I tell you. Okay?"
Harry nodded and Cadence pulled his hand away.
"I need you to trust me."
"I trust you." Harry said, confidently. If Cadence said he would explain later then he would Harry decided.
They walked into a bar and Harry saw a familiar giant man sitting at a table. Harry tensed and clutched tighter to Cadence's hand.
"Caleb what's wrong?" Cadence whispered and for a seccond Harry forgot that Cadence was talking to him.
"I know that man." Harry whispered.
"Keep walking." Cadence said, holding Harry tightly and heading towards the back of the bar. They walked out into an enclosed alley way and Cadence pulled out his wand. He tapped a few bricks (that I am too lazy to research so) Harry didnt see which ones and suddenly an archway appeared. Harry gasped and Cadence quickly ushered through with Harry in tow.
"Welcome, Caleb, to Diagon Alley." Cadence said gesturing to the bustling streets.
Women and men wearing strange cloaks walked from store to store, crowding the streets. There were stores of every shape size and colour in every direction. There were stores for broomsticks, stores for toads, stores for couldrens and stores for clothes. There were stores that were empty filled with invisable things and stores that were filled with books that can sing. Stores with candy, stores with knick knacks, and a store with ordinary things that was called MuggleSmuggle. In every direction Harry looked he saw unique things that hed never heard of before. He looked up at Cadence and talked ovver the crowd.
"I don't think I'm imagining this." He said, tripping in effort to keep up.
"What makes you say that?" Cadence yelled back.
"I haven't got the imagination to make this up." Harry said, staring at a man who was the same height of Lawrence if not shorter.
"You sound like Dad's friend Jacob," Cadence laughed "There's Gdingotts!"
Harry looked where Cadence was pointing and saw a huge white building. It had giant marble pillars, and an odd looking house elf gaurding the doors.
"Cay? Is that a house elf?" Harry asked quietly.
"What him? No Harry he's a goblin!" Cadence laughed "Goblins are intellegent beings who forge weapons and master in the art of metal sculpting. Theyre brilliant with protection and they own Gringotts! No where safer than Gringotts they say!" Cadence stopped by the goblin and bowed his head.
"May your swords stay sharp and your vaults never empty" Cadence said.
The goblin raised an eyebrow, unimpressed at the feeble attempt at respect. Harry looked between the Goblin amd Cadence confused before the Goblin turned to look at him. Harry smiled and waved. The goblin sneered. Harry frowned. That was a rude thing to do. Cadence took Harry's hand and walked into the bank.
"Gringots was built in the early 1400's I believe. The Goblin-Folk founded it as part of a peace treaty between Wizards and Goblins, Caleb. We've fought for almost five millenia! Wizards like to think they won the war but the way I see it is we just gave up and now they sit on top of a huge pile of gold. Not too shabby eh?" Cadence's voice echoed off the walls as they walked through the bank and some of the tellers listened to Cadence's speech with disgust, others amusement.
They reached the main teller and Cadence looked at the Goblin from where he stood on a pedastol in front of them.
"We must speak with you in private about the Potter accounts and I request a blood test on Heir Potter here" Cadence whispered politely to the Goblin "Will you please assist us?"
The Goblin peered over at the boy in front of the counter. The boy hand brown hair that fell straight, dull beown eyes and most importantly no scar.
"This does not look like Heir Potter." The goblin spoke, suspiciously.
"I assure you, sir it is him. He is under an illusion to repel enemies and unwanted gawkers while we are in public. You know how wizards can be. We never could mind our own business."
The goblin smiled a little sneer of a smile and Harry saw sharp teeth gleam at him. The boy gulped and stepped behind Cadence.
"I swear on my magic that this boy is Harry Potter and that a blood test will attest to that fact." Cadence said, holding up his wand. It glowed for a second and while the goblin looked impressed Harry was just confused.
"Does Mr. Potter have his key?" The goblin said, mockingly.
"No. I wish for a replacement. I believe the person who holds the key now may be using it for unintended purposes" Cadence said, maturely "Please, a simple blood test will tell you all you need to know"
"Very well come with me" the goblin lead them through a hall and Cadence smiled at Harry pumping his fist in the air. Harry giggled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Do you agree to the taking of this test?"
"I do." Harry said.
"Do you willingly give your blood for the test?"
"I do" Harry looked uncertaintly
"Do you agree to complete the required transaction for said test?"
"I do."
"Very well, let's commence" the Goblin said, putting a piece of paper on the desk. "Let me see your hand"
Harry held out his hand and looked at Cadence about to ask why he had to hold his hand out when a stinging pain on his palm made him cry out in pain. Blood welled through the cut and fell onto the paper.
"What the fu-" his words were stolen from him when he saw the blood form into letters.
Letters describing his life.