1923

Newt sat up in bed, clutching his throat painfully. His breathing was heavy. Laboured. His eyes were glazed over with the ghost of his past. He panted heavily, begging for his heartbeat to slow from its excellerated pace. He looked out the window and remembered the painful dream he had just been succumbed in. He had been dancing. And there was a strange music filling the air.
Newt spun in circles holding the hands of the woman he loved, her laugh ringing out like chimes on the breeze. His stomach did flips and he found himself staring into her brown eyes, caught in them like a flower trapped in freshly sown soil.
"Tina," he spoke vaguely aware of people staring at them "will you marry me?"
"What?" She gasped, her eyes lighting up with tears.
"Will you become my wife?" Newt amended, looking at her hopefully.
Her bright smile turned cold and she yanked back from him.
"Why on earth would I do that? No one wants you. You are pathetic. You're just a little boy obsessed with bugs," she spat out. The room changed and he saw Tina walking down the isle, tears running down her face. The imperious curse doing its job just as he had designed it to. She had a bright smile. Everything was perfect. Except those tears. They should have been happy ones. Newt took her hand in his and began to recite the vows he had produced. She recited hers back in an almost emotionless tone. He frowned and kissed her. She didnt kiss back. He would have to punish her later. The scene changed once more and he found himself staring angrily at her beaten body and laughing as he broke her with spells he had no recognition of. Finally he managed to escape the dream. Newt looked next to him where Tina lay asleep and began to cry. A figure in the corner chuckled darkly.
"Did you enjoy my gift?" The voice spoke. "It took me quite a while to create that spell perfectly. It lets you see whatever I put in your head. Still has a few kinks though. It only works when the reciever of the spell is sleeping."
"What do you want, Grindewald? Why are you here?" Newt asked, his voice shaking.
"I made a mistake before. See I realised that I can not control an obscurus the way I need to. They are powerful, yes. But they lack control."
"We all know how much you love Control," Newt replied, grabbing his wand from his bedside table. "Come. I don't want to wake her. Would you like some tea?" Newt carefully got out of bed and gestured to the door.
"No, that is not neccesary. I will be leaving soon anyways." Grindewald replied politely.
"Ah. Well would you mind if I had some? I'm rather parched myself." Newt asked, looking at the man pointedly.
Grindewald nodded and they made their way down the stairs and into the rustic kitchen where Newt started a brew. Grindewald sat down at the kitchen table and waited patiently.
"So why the visit, if I may ask?" Newt asked, pouring himself a cup of tea and sitting down across from the notorious villian.
"There is a prophesy about you, Newt. You and a child who will have all the power of the universe. A child strong enough to control it."
"Really?" Newt asked "And how do I find this child?"
"It is told that your son will bring the child to you. The child will defeat a dark lord. I assume it will be me" Grindewald looked down at the table "If that child does appear. I will need it to win this war. It can not destroy me nor my idealogy. You should know that."
"And the prophesy? How does it read?" Newt asked.
"'The child of the moon will rise. Found in the trees of gold. And He shall raise the boy who lived. And He shall discover the power the boy knows not. Born as the ninth month dies. And he shall know a power the dark lord knows not. And he shall be marked as his equal. Together they will restore balance to magic. The dog and the beast. And they shall belong to the beast tamer. And they shall belong to the man called Newt.'" Grindewald spoke carefully, judging Newt's reaction.
Newt held tight to his cup and let out a shakey breath.
"Oh." He said simply.
"I shall come for that Child, Newt." Grindewald stood up and smiled politely at the young man as if he hadn't just threatened him. "Now I must go. Many aurors to run from and whatnot. Have a good night. Can't wait to meet that son of yours."