CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE; GRACE SHELBY INSTITUTE.

It had been a full two weeks since Hannah had learnt about Michael's chilling plans. The two of them had not seen each other, neither one of them bothering to make any type of contact with each other for the sake of their own stability. Questions were being asked at the convent, but Hannah dismissed them every single time, courteously telling everyone to keep their noses out of her private life. Hannah hadn't even confided in Alexandra about the enormous fall-out between herself and Michael, fearing that she would be judged. Hannah didn't want pity either. She knew what she was getting herself into when she had first agreed to go on a date with Michael but at the same time, she had never expected it to end up like it had done.

The two weeks had been complete torment. How had she managed to go her whole life without being around Michael? It was the simple things that she missed the most. No longer did Hannah see Esme when she popped in to the betting den on her lunch break and she didn't get to share jokes with John any longer. The only people that she saw associated with in the gambling den were Arthur and Linda and whenever she went around to check on the baby, none of them brought up the situation with Michael.

Out of everything in the world, Hannah missed Michael the most. It was expected, of course, but in her eyes, she couldn't see a way past it. Whenever she woke up in the morning, there was a pit of wretchedness in her stomach. As she walked down the streets to her client's houses, she would look out for Michael in hopes of hearing his voice again. It had only been two weeks and she almost felt pathetic at how much she missed him but that was love and she couldn't do anything about it.

Father Hughes had been around a few times to deliberate business ideas with Hannah. Like always, he would ask numerous questions about Michael and the gang, but Hannah would never give him the answers that he clearly looked-for. Whenever Hannah saw Father Hughes at the convent, a part of her would be relieved. Michael had not gone through with the assassination - yet - but he had also not made the effort to talk to Hannah and say sorry for the way that he had treated her. A part of Hannah was itching to run over to Michael's house and forgive him there and then, but she wanted an apology before anything else.

The last few months of their relationship had been nothing but confusing. One minute, it was perfect and the next, it was awful. It was all down to the secret that Michael was concealing for Hannah's sake. She would rather Michael be honest with her about everything, so it would help their relationship and they could move on from the dismayed times, but it felt as if it was never coming.

As Hannah walked down the street and towards one her patients house, she was surprised when a familiar voice shouted her name. It was easily identifiable and every person in Small Heath had heard it at one point in their life. Hannah's heart dropped as she turned around, not one bit of her body happy to see Tommy. He looked like a lost child as he walked up to Hannah, his eyes remaining on the ground. It was clear that he knew about the massive dispute and that Hannah held him accountable for most of it.

"Thomas Shelby." Hannah turned around and scowled at Tommy, allowing her dislike for the man to show. "I have absolutely nothing to say to you so if you'd excuse me, I am going to leave and sort out my patient."

"I have something to say to you so will you please give me a couple of minutes." Hannah thought for a second before half-heartedly agreeing, a little intrigued. "Friday is the opening of The Grace Shelby institute and we would all love to have you there, including Michael."

"I don't think that's a good idea considering everything that has gone on within the last couple of weeks. I'm sure that Michael would rather me not be there."