CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE.

→ CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE; DINNER TIME CHATS.

The hot water ran over Hannah's body as she cleaned herself of the sins she had committed throughout the day. She could still feel Michael's lips on her skin, the feeling would last the days, at least that's what she hoped. As Hannah looked down at her thighs, she chuckled at the marks Michael had left, reminding her of how perfect the afternoon had been. Having to leave Michael in the bed was excruciating, Hannah wanted nothing more but to stay there for the rest of her life, safe in the arms of the man she worshipped. Time was passing quickly however, neither one of them could risk Lily entering the household and seeing them tucked up in bed, Michael's arms circling Hannah's waist as he held her closer.

Just the smell of him brought Hannah comfort, a scent she couldn't describe. It reminded her of how they used to be; young and in love, no cares in the world. They were still young, and they were still completely in love, but their relationship felt old. So much had happened, so much pain and heartbreak but the love was still there and forever would be. Even after years of being together, Hannah still felt butterflies in her stomach when Michael entered the room, not fully understanding why she had been blessed with having Michael as her true love.

Both Michael and Hannah forget about all of their worries for those few hours though and spent their time exploring each other's bodies, reminding each other of what they liked, the marks on their frames, and the way they felt together. It was their first time all over again, full of passion and euphoria, a new connection made that hopefully wouldn't break.

"I don't want you to go," Michael whispered, his finger running across the curve of Hannah's naked body as she laid besides him.

"I have to," Hannah responded faintly, her eyes glistening with sadness as she looked up at Michael.

His hair was ruffled, no longer styled and combed to perfection like it had been when Hannah had first arrived. His elegant, fashionable business clothing had been abandoned on the floor and the imprints of Hannah's fingernails were littered across his back, fortunately they were able to be hidden straightforwardly.

"When will I see you again?"

"Soon enough, love."

Hannah stepped out of the bath, the sudden breeze striking her harshly as she struggled to get the towel around her body. It was seven at night, dinner time would be soon and Hannah had a lot of things to talk about. She wanted to tell the Sister's about Michael, leaving out some details of course, but Hannah was unsure if discussing her problematic relationship over steak pie and mash potato was the best idea, especially with Sister Maria sat at the table.

"Will you hurry up please?" Sophie shouted through the door, eager to get rid of the smell of baby sick from her body so she smelt good for Isaiah. Hannah swung the door open and grinned at Sophie, blocking the way so the other midwife couldn't get through. "What's got you so happy?"

Hannah blushed and looked down at the ground. "Has Isaiah not told you?"

"Of course," Sophie replied, biting her lip with excitement. "At least I'm not the only one with a secret now. I can't imagine the nuns being happy with two of their nurses being with Blinders."

The relationship between Sophie and Isaiah was slow building, disagreements often occurring because the two of them were daft and couldn't see what was in front of them, taking the hardest route to love, rather than the easiest. They finally came to their senses though and the two of them had been in a secret relationship ever since, it sounded familiar, too familiar for Hannah's liking.