Chapter 4- EDITED

Fractured✔

All rights reserved

©️ Emrys Noah

***

Betilla's pov

I kept on dreaming about our date for the next few days. I could feel myself falling in love with him. He was so sweet! 

Today, I'm supposed to meet someone for a project. I was not one for joint projects but I had a good feeling about this one. Sidebar? Yes!

Let me tell you how it all happened 

Yesterday, I was sitting quietly when our teacher started giving projects. I expected to be paired with my brother or Mae as always. But noooo, I got paired up with another guy. I didn't even know what his name was. He was an exchange student. 

The guy and I were paired to make a book report about any book of our choice.
I was happy about that but the partner. Ehhh, not so much. I thought of possible ways of approaching him. After thinking of one, I headed to his seat.

I walked to his seat and sat down near him. He was wearing a hood. How cliche'. We talked about books we've read so we ended up choosing 'The twilight series' He gave off an unfamiliar buzz. His voice peeking off an accent I couldn't quite place. I tried to imagine him without his hood and that was impossible cause I just met him that day. Silly me!

"We could meet up in the library, to work, " I said because it was due the day after the next day. "Okay, sure." He replied. We decided to use lunch to work on it too. 

I walked into the library at lunch and saw him sitting with his headphones drawing into a sketch pad. Nosey me as usual wanted to see. I sat down in front of him carefully and brought out my books and started to stare into his sketch.

I looked at it and saw doodles. He was doodling!  I burst into laughter and he looked up at me with, what I feel, a raised eyebrow. I never knew guys could doodle. I didn't pin him for one that could either. He gave off that bad boy vibe. Again, how cliche'

"You're laughing cause of my doodles?" He said sharply and I only smiled at him. "They're cute." I teased. I could imagine him rolling his eyes. "Why the hood though?" I blurted and he froze. My eyes widened and I retraced my words quickly.

"Um, Eclipse!" I exclaimed. "I need to read Eclipse again," I said slowly, regretting my mistake earlier. 

He only nodded and packed his stuff. Shortly, he stood up. I looked up at him and then I realised that he was tall. I looked down at where he was and back at him. I could see peeks of his golden blonde hair. "Ta-ta," he muttered and walked out of the library leaving me sitting with different thoughts in my head. 

I sighed after recalling all this. He must think I'm a freak. Or even worse, a brat! 

I tried to talk to him after that. When the last period was over, I walked around the halls to find his locker but Lance found me instead. He embraced me in a hug from behind and my mind left my body momentarily.  Lance pulled me out to the parking lot and into his car. I laughed because it was kind of fun. He said, "You're coming to my house Betilla!" I nodded and laughed again. Passersby must have assumed we were crazy!

I forgot about my quest to find him until I arrived at the Cooper house. We had just the next day till the project was due. Surely, he would reach out to me to finish it up. I shrugged off my worry and spent some quality time with Lance. The next day at school we had English first period and I saw him. I rushed to meet him and I caught a glimpse of his name on his notebook

ARCHER WRIGHT

Written in very fine handwriting. "You have such fine handwriting." I started. He gave me a long look, This time I had a view of his lips. It took all I had not to stare at them, they looked so perfect. "Thank you." He paused waiting for my name. I couldn't help but notice that he sounded pained too, how weird. "Betilla, Betilla Evans." We had just introduced ourselves even though we spent lunch together the day before. The bell ran signifying the start of the period. I rushed to my seat, and took another glance at him, only to find his gaze already on me. I looked away, unable to process what had just occurred. 

AN

This chapter is really short cause. I edited all the crappy parts out.