Chapter 25

3rd Person's POV

Children gathered in the halls to watch how the story unfolds. Such has never happened in their school. Everyone watched as the paramedics rushed in and out of the lab. The sounds of the ambulance felt natural.

One yelled, "Carbon monoxide levels are high." They used a combustion analyzer to test for it in the air. The most powerful CO testing device is the combustion analyzer. These can perform all the functions of a pump-driven analyzer or an ambient air tester and also measure the oxygen and carbon dioxide in the air.

The lab was opened so everyone was at risk. They started to evacuate people to leave the school as it was getting heavily concentrated with CO. Betilla just stood there as they carried her brother's body in a body bag.

It was kind of obvious that she was in denial. She just watched with wide eyes as the pulled his body into a stretcher and hulled him away. Probably taking him to the morgue for autopsy. A paramedic approached her. " You need to leave, the levels of CO are rising fast in this school." 

She looked at him and looked away following the stretcher where her brother's body laid. Then Archer came out of nowhere. Literally, No one saw him coming. He said. "Get her out of here. She needs to go to the hospital. She inhaled a large amount of CO seeing as she went there first. Get here to oxygen quick!" He yelled and pulled her up. She couldn't walk so he carried her out of the school.

Cue tho cliche' slow-motion high school moments. 

He put her in the ambulance and let the paramedic do the needful. His eyes remained on hers till she passed out. She was giving full oxygen supply was sedated. The paramedic asked, "Are you her boyfriend?" 

That question got him thinking. He hesitated to answer. "Don't worry, whatever just come in with her." He had something to do with Venus that day. But this was a life and death situation, he knew he had to be there for Betilla even though he fucking hates her.

The truth is the person who got hurt the most is Betilla . She lost everything at the same time. She got fractured badly. She lost her brother who has been with her since birth. Her cheating boyfriend and lastly the passion to live. It was pretty obvious she was going to have suicidal thoughts. 

I think its fair to say that she's going insane, more broken day by day. Why won't the pain go away?

"I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you."

That was the perfect sentence that explained why he did what he did. 

Obviously, the good times they spent together will haunt her for life. She would heal. Get past the pain and grief. She would become stronger. She would strive to make the best life for herself. But now the question is when?

She won't be fractured anymore. No one deserves to be fractured!

AN

That's it! I can't believe this. The last chapter of Fractured but wait that's not the end?

Yes, you heard it right that's not the end. There's a sequel. Obviously , I'm not going to give you spoilers about what it's going to be about. Honestly, i have no idea what to say . I'll meet you in Afterword? Yup!