Chapter 9

BETILLA

Is it weird to always have someone on your mind? Cause I've been thinking about the person all day and I don't want to. Sigh.

ARCHER

Normally , I hate being around people. But....... I love being around my favorite people. My friends. I changed schools so we don't see that much so we decided to do a little get together . Currently, we're sitting in a big booth at Mc Donald's. We started to talk like the old times .

"Seriously, I've missed you guys." I said out loud. I looked around me and studied their expressions. They all had the same one .

The childish one spoke up, Henry" Let's play a game!"

I didn't really pay attention to the rest of their conversation because someone spoke to me privately. My Ex. Venus.

To be sincere , she's hot as fuck and cool to be around. I don't even know why I couldn't return her feelings of love , all I had for her was ...well...lust. I liked her but I didn't love her.

"Archer , I missed you the most." She whispered in my ear. I smirked at her. Deciding to play along, "Really?"

"Yes." She said. I pulled her into my lap and wrapped my arms around her waist . I rested my head on her shoulder. She was surprised and I guess , happy.

I did that because that was probably the last time I'll see her. So why not just make her happy. I tuned back into their conversation, as usual they were arguing about an episode of American Dad. Doofuses

"Alright who's up for a game of Charades ." I suggested.

They all agreed. I went first. I stood in front of the table and held the table as I walked weakly. Well my word was 'Old'

"Alright, guess the word." They all looked at me with a stupid expression on their faces. "Idiots." I hissed and went back to sit. "The word was old." Then the series of 'ooooh's started

Henry said or should I say shouted." I'll go , I'll go !!"

Everyone yelled at him to keep it down.

"Guys look . PDA." Liz squealed. I just took my milkshake and drank it as I watched them kiss . Something was wrong. They look familiar.

I pulled my hood up and Venus pulled it back down. I almost growled at her. Never touch my hood. I pulled it back up . "Venus , leave it ."

"But you're covering your pretty eyes. For me please." I scanned her flawless face . Her beautiful big blue eyes, soft full pink lips . I looked back at her eyes then sighed . I pulled it down . Then I realized if she sees me , she won't even recognize me .

I looked back at the couple and they were still kissing. I identified the couple as.....

Betilla and her famous boyfriend Lance.

Well I lost my appetite right there and then. My clique of friends 'oooooh'-ed at them .
I just sighed and went back to study Venus' face only to find out that she was looking directly at me. I gave her smile . I wore my sunglasses and kissed her on the forehead. I whispered in her ear" I'll be back."

Well as for the couple , after hearing the chants , they stopped kissing and looked at my group of friends. I walked past them and a pair of eyes followed me . Hers

I walked to the bathroom. It was empty. I pulled away my sunglasses and sighed . I looked at my eyes . I just closed my eyes and took in a deep breath .

Only if she knew how I looked like , she won't be with that idiot.....

Someone barged into the toilet. I wore my shades immediately. I looked at the person and I boiled with anger . I walked out as I contained myself . She sat alone waiting for her lover.

Why the hell am I feeling this way!?

I put on a smile as I neared my booth. Venus was waiting eagerly for me . She smiled immediately as she saw me . I grinned at her . Still I felt a pair of eyes behind me as I walked. I turned around and met her eyes. I held eye contact for some seconds . I looked away. I sat down near Venus and her head was down on the table . Everyone looked at me . I shrugged at them . I looked at her one more time and met her gaze on me . She looked away immediately but I caught her .

I tapped Venus , she groaned . "What's wrong with her?" I asked . Liz started "She isn't feeling to we-"

"She's pretending to be sick so that she can get attention from you." Henry blurted.
Venus sighed , "Thanks a lot Henry."

She turned away from me , feeling embarrassed. I made her to face me , took her chin up and looked her in the eyes, she looked away . " Venus, there's no need to be embarrassed. Look at me ."

No response. I sighed . I looked back at my friends and I noticed none of them looked at us . I looked back at Venus. She was standing up . I went after her . I looked at Betilla , her eyes were glued to me the entire time.

Didn't her parents teach her that it's rude to stare?

I looked away from her and focused on Venus.

I managed to get a hold of her. She stopped when I shouted her name.
I hugged her from the back , and whispered in her ear." Why are you behaving like this?"

Why am I even apologizing to her?

She leaned into my hold, I made her face me . I leaned to her face , my eyes darting back and forth between Betilla and Venus. I closed the distance between us and closed my eyes. I opened them , I looked at her, her lips were parted. I pressed my lips against hers and kept my gaze on Betilla. Right there , Lance came back then she kissed him and kept on looking at me . It was like a war .

I broke eye contact and leaned into the kiss . Our lips moved in perfect sync. This kiss was perfect . I explored her mouth as we stood in the restaurant. I groaned as she ran her fingers through my golden locks . I dropped my arms to her tiny waist pulling her closer to me . I pulled away from her because someone tapped my back .

"Guys..... Get a room . People are staring." Henry stuttered. I nodded . I pulled her away from the room . I got in a bus and sat opposite her . I looked outside the window . She held my hand and kept on looking at me . I didn't turn to her at all .

"Archer.....about that ki-" She started. I held up my hand . I pulled her to my side .

"Venus, will you go out with me again?" I whispered against her ear .