Chapter 25 - Round two

Ashley's POV

We were having dinner. More correctly, they were having dinner, but I was just playing with my food, instead of eating.

Blaze said something in her ear, she smiled, holding his hand. I was squeezing the fork, biting my lower lip angrily.

"Darling, why are you not eating?" James asked me as he placed his hand on my forearm.

Blaze's jaw clenched as he gave me a cold glare.

"I don't have an appetite." I muttered.

"But you should eat for the baby." He commented; I nodded and placed a piece of chicken into my mouth.

"Carla, would you like to join us in the countryside house this weekend?" Patricia asked.

"Oh...sure. Thank you for your invitation." She replied, slightly surprised by it.

"Don't be surprised, beautiful. She wants to keep me away from bad influence." Blaze said bitterly as he placed his hand on top of her hand, emphasizing the words bad influence, looking into my eyes.

I narrowed my eyes at him, giving him a dirty look. He had given me a sarcastic smirk before he lowered his head down.

"Blaze!" His mother warned him. He gave her a careless look.

"But she doesn't know it is impossible." He muttered under his breath. But I heard it. I bit my lower lip trying not to smile. I was happy to hear it.

After dinner, we were drinking coffee while talking, excluding me; I was drinking a cup of tea.

I was sitting beside James while Blaze and Carla were sitting on the couch opposite us. Blaze's arm was around her shoulder while she was resting her head against his chest.

I felt Blaze's gaze on me. When I lifted my gaze up and looked at him, he averted his gaze.

"How about going to a nightclub? James, Ashley, would you like to join us?" Carla suggested after Patricia and George left us alone in the living room.

"Umm...would you like to go?" James asked me.

I bit my lower lip as I looked at Blaze. He looked annoyed, but he was not looking at us.

"Please, Ashley." Carla pleaded, looking at me; I nodded.

We were at the nightclub waiting for our drinks. I couldn't take my eyes off them, Blaze and Carla. She snuggled up to him. He pulled her closer to him as he placed a kiss on her hair after giving me a side look. It was not a good idea to come here. My mood was bad. They couldn't take their hands off each other.

"Are you fine?" James interrupted my thoughts as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I gave him a questioning look.

"You look tense." He commented.

"I am fine." I muttered as I looked at Blaze. Blaze was staring at us, his forehead furrowed.

"Hey, come on. Let's dance." Carla stood up as she said cheerfully.

James stood up and smiled at me as he extended his hand towards me. I gave him a slight smile as I held his hand.

A few minutes later, the song changed. As the song "Heaven" was played, I looked at Blaze. Our eyes met; he was looking at me gloomily. Our memories flashed through my mind.

James wrapped his arms around my waist as we started to dance. When I looked at Blaze, Carla was pressing herself against him, looking at him seductively.

Such a clingy bitch!

I furrowed my eyebrows. When Blaze looked at me, I averted my gaze.

Finally, this long torturing night was over. I was so tired: physically and mentally. I wanted to sleep, just forget about this awful day.

****

I was in James's car. We were going to a countryside house. Patricia and George were in the car with us. Blaze and Carla were following us in his car.

James parked the car in front of the house. We got out of the car. James placed his hand on my back as we headed towards the house.

Blaze held Carla's hand as he said. "Come on, beautiful."

I rolled my eyes. Beautiful. Pff. Yeah, she is Miss Universe. Especially with her too natural lips and breasts. Tell me another one! Cheesy!

After lunch, I decided to go hiking. I was bored of seeing how Carla could not take her hands off Blaze for a second.

It was a little cold. I wrapped my arms around myself. Suddenly, I felt some noises coming behind me.

I turned around as I asked. "Who is here?"

There was no voice. I looked around, but no one was here. I continued to walk. But a few seconds later, I felt noises again. I was scared. I quickened my steps. But I still heard noises coming behind me. When the noises came closer, I started to run while screaming in fear.

I stopped running when I didn't hear any noises anymore. I placed my hand against the tree, trying to catch my breath.

I looked around; I didn't remember my way back to the house. When I wanted to call James, I noticed that my phone wasn't in my pocket.

Shit!

I forgot to take my phone. I started to walk, trying to find the way back to the house. But it was meaningless; I was lost.

I sat, leaning against the tree. I was so tired. My feet were sore. And the weather was getting colder.

Suddenly, I heard noises. I looked around, scared. The noises were closer now. I closed my eyes shut in fear.

"Ashley? Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes as I heard Blaze's anxious voice.

"Blaze." I stood up quickly and rushed towards him. I hugged him tightly.

I was so scared. I was trembling.

He hugged me back as he stroked my hair softly.

"Okay. I am here. Don't be afraid!" He muttered, still stroking my hair. "When I heard your screams, I got worried. I rushed towards where your voice was coming. But I couldn't find you." He said, still holding me in his arms tightly.

"I was so scared. I heard some noises. And..." I couldn't finish my sentence as I started crying.

"Hey, don't cry." He said softly as he wiped my tears with his thumb. "I want to go back." I muttered, sobbing.

"Yeah...back." He muttered uncomfortably. I gave him a questioning look.

He sighed as he said. " We are lost...a little." He gave me a shy smile.

"What?!" I snapped.

"When I rushed after you, I didn't give attention the way I came." He said. He pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Fuck!" He hissed as he looked at it.

"What?" I asked.

"No signal." He replied.

"Perfect! Now we are both lost." I exclaimed, annoyed.

He gave me a dirty look. " Yeah, it is my fault. It was me who was running like crazy." He barked at me.

"Don't bark at me!" I yelled at him.

"But you are right. I shouldn't worry for you. I need to let your lovely husband take care of you." He said bitterly.

"Yeah, of course. Why should you care about me instead of your beautiful girlfriend? I just give you problems, nothing more." I said, trying to hold my tears back.

He held my cheeks in his hands as he brushed his lips against mine, kissing me passionately, catching me off guard. A few seconds later, I responded to his kiss.

He pulled back as he leaned his forehead against mine.

"You talk too much, baby." He said huskily, giving me an arrogant smirk.