Chapter 49 - Sweet surprises

Ashley's POV

"What is going on?" I asked as he hung up.

He breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair. "We know who put the tape at the ceremony."

"Who?" I asked.

"Your cousin, Jade." He gave me a sorry look.

"What?!" I could not believe my ears.

How could she do that to me? Yes, I knew she wasn't a good person, but going further this much.... I shook my head in disappointment.

"Baby." Blaze placed his hand on top of mine on the table. I smiled slightly.

"Don't be sad." He gave me a warm smile. I nodded.

The following morning I talked to my mother. She told me Jade left the country yesterday without telling her family anything. I hung up as Aspen started crying.

I took Aspen in my arms and kissed his forehead. "Good morning, my little boy." I cooed him.

I changed his clothes and carried him towards the balcony. I was stroking his back while watching the scenery.

 I was stroking his back while watching the scenery

Blaze's POV

I dropped Ashley and Aspen off in the mansion. Then, I went to talk to her father. As much as she was trying not to show her sadness, I knew it. She was so upset because her father was still angry at her.

I parked my car in front of his company building. I breathed deeply and got out of the car.

I walked towards his secretary. "Hello, I want to see Mr. Parker."

"Do you have an appointment, sir?" She asked.

"No, but could you inform him? It is important."

"Alright, sir." She called him. "Sir, you have a visitor...." She looked at me. "Mr...."

"Blaze Anderson."

"Blaze Anderson." She informed him. "Alright, sir."

"He is waiting for you." She said as she hung up.

"Thank you." I nodded and walked towards his office.

"I don't have so much time. Tell what you want.... If we say correctly, drop your other bombshell and leave." He said firmly.

I sighed and sat down. "I want to talk about Ashley."

He entwined his hands on the desk as he looked at me attentively.

"I want to marry her. I proposed to her and she accepted."

"You two always do what you want. And why are you here?"

"I want to see her happy. She is upset because you don't talk to her. I will do everything to make her happy."

He raised his eyebrows, surprised.

"I really love your daughter. I know I hurt her feelings...we hurt each other." I admitted. "But we gave each other another chance. And this time I will do everything not to mess up." I paused. "But if you don't forgive her...us, she will not be totally happy. I ask for her hand in marriage."

He sighed and looked at me, thinking. "Ashley is my only daughter,my precious girl. And she really loves you." He rolled his eyes. I smiled at his reaction. "I see you love her too as you found courage to come here." He smirked. "For her happiness, I give you my permission, but if you make her sad for a second, I will make you regret it. But believe me, this time I will be too cruel." He warned me.

I smiled at him happily. "You can trust me,sir. I will make her the happiest woman in the world."

"You have to." He added confidently.

I stood up. "Thank you. And I want to surprise her. Could you come to the mansion for dinner? Both families together." He nodded. I gave him a bright smile and left.

After I had finished my paperwork in our company, I left. I informed my mother about dinner. She was so happy. But I told her not to tell Ashley. I was so excited. And today, we were going to tell them that we were going to marry.

When I went to her bedroom, she was talking to Aspen.

"Good evening." I greeted them as I approached them.

I kissed her lips. Then, I kissed Aspen's cheek. He beamed at me as he extended his arms towards me to take him in my arms. I smiled at him and took him in my arms. I kissed his forehead as I caressed his back gently.

"Let's go downstairs for dinner." I suggested. "And I have a surprise for you." I added, beaming.

She raised her eyebrow in curiosity. "What surprise?"

"You will see." I winked at her and held her hand.

The doorbell hummed. I gave Ashley a bright smile. She looked at me with questioning eyes.

She looked surprised when she saw her parents. "...Mom, Dad?"

I placed my hand on her back as I whispered in her ear. "Surprise."

She looked at me happily. I could see her happiness in her eyes.

Ashley's POV

I could not believe my eyes. My parents were here. Even my father looked happy. I looked at Blaze. He must have convinced my father.

"Thank you." I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. "I love you." I whispered in his ear.

"I love you too." He said.

After dinner, Blaze stood up and extended his hand towards me. I held his hand as I stood up.

Blaze had given me a bright smile before he turned towards our parents. "We are getting married."

Everyone congratulated us happily. Finally, everything was getting better. I was so happy.

We were planning our wedding. We decided we would celebrate it between our families, close relatives and friends. We chose our wedding cake, decoration and so on. I chose my wedding dress too. When I saw the wedding gown, I was lovestruck. It was so beautiful and elegant.

I woke up feeling nauseated. I got up quickly and rushed towards the bathroom, covering my mouth with my hand.

After vomiting, I felt a little better. I had been vomiting the last few weeks. I could not eat properly. Even the smell of food made me feel nauseated.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I placed my hand on my stomach as some suspicion crossed my mind.

I changed my clothes and went to the pharmacy. As soon as I arrived home, I went to my room. I grabbed the box and went to the bathroom.

I was waiting, tapping my fingers on my thigh nervously. My heart was beating faster.

I breathed deeply as I picked up the test. A wide smile appeared on my face when I saw two lines on it.

"Positive." I murmured happily.