Chapter 32 - Curse

Ashley's POV

I stood up quickly. Patricia was looking at me, dumbfounded.

"...Is it true?" She asked, looking into my eyes. I pursed my lips nervously.

"I have to go. Bye." Kelly mumbled and left in quick steps.

I looked at Patricia who was waiting for my answer impatiently.

I gulped as I nodded. "Yes." I muttered.

"Oh my goodness!" She covered her mouth with her hand in shock.

"Does James know...umm...about it?" She asked, trying to find suitable words.

I shook my head. "He just knows that I am pregnant with my ex-boyfriend's baby." I said, looking down. I couldn't look her in her eyes; I felt embarrassed.

She walked closer to me and sat down as she gestured to me to sit down too.

"Now I understood why you got married to James so quickly." She said, still trying to digest what she had heard earlier.

I nibbled my lower lip nervously as I admitted. "We didn't get married."

She looked at me, shocked. I breathed deeply and started explaining to her about my agreement with James.

"I can not believe my ears." She shook her head in disapproval. "I can not know what to say. It is really too much."

"I know. I am really sorry." I said in guilt.

She gave me a soft smile as she placed her hand on top of mine. "I can understand you too. But..." She shook her head. "Yes, what Blaze has done was really awful. But I know he really loves you. And I am sure he totally regrets what he had done. You love him too. I see it in your eyes when you look at him, your eyes are shining."

I looked down, biting my lower lip.

"But why did James lie to us? He has to give me a good explanation." She said.

"Please, don't be angry at him. He is just trying to help me. That is all. He is really a good friend. And I told you about the girl, your family friend's daughter." She looked at me, preoccupied and she gave me a warm smile afterwards.

"Are you five months pregnant? Or it was a lie too? Because your stomach is bigger than normal for your stage of pregnancy." She asked softly.

"No,I am seven months pregnant." I muttered, blushing in embarrassment.

"The three of you really messed up everything like children." She shook her head in disapproval, giving me a slight smile.

"Yes, I know." I muttered, caressing my stomach gently.

"You have to tell Blaze. He has to know." Patricia told me in a serious expression.

"I..."

"What exactly do I have to know?" Blaze interrupted me.

I looked at him in shock. How long is he here?

Patricia turned around, looking at Blaze. I looked at Blaze anxiously.

"What do you have to tell me?" Blaze plunged his eyes into mine as he moved his gaze from his mother to me.

"I..." I muttered nervously. He was still looking into my eyes.

I looked at Patricia as I gave her a begging look.

She cleared her throat as she said, looking at Blaze. "To ask you if you can fetch her to the doctor tomorrow. James asked me, but I need to visit your aunt; she doesn't feel well."

I breathed deeply in relief.

"What happened to her?" Blaze asked, but he looked unconvinced.

"Nothing serious, she caught a cold. But I will keep on worrying if I don't see her myself." Patricia said. He nodded. "Are you free tomorrow?" Patricia asked him.

"Yeah. I will fetch her." He replied, looking at her mother, ignoring me like I didn't exist. Then he left without looking at me.

I frowned as I watched him leave.

Jerk.

I was interrupted by Patricia's laugh. I looked at her, puzzled.

"Both of you are really like children." She shook her head, amused. "Today I helped you, but you have to tell him. He has rights to know about the baby. Your baby." She said confidently. "And if you don't tell him, I will tell him myself." She added, looking at me seriously. "But it will be good if he hears it from you." She said softly as she stood up and left.

Blaze's POV

I was sitting on the couch while sipping my whiskey. I was thinking about earlier. I got surprised when my mother asked me to fetch Ashley to the doctor. She wanted me to stay away from her, but why did she ask me to fetch her?

"Darling." Carla interrupted my thoughts as she walked closer to me.

I was in her house; she called me this evening and told me that she needed to talk to me.

She sat down beside me wrapping her arm around my shoulder as she started to play with my hair. I took a sip from my drink, ignoring her, still thinking about my mother's behaviour.

Carla leaned towards me as she was unbuttoning my shirt slowly while placing kisses on my neck. I grabbed her hand and stopped her. I pulled her hand away.

"Stop it." I snapped and sipped my whiskey.

Carla pulled away as she frowned.

"What is going on with you, Blaze?" She asked, annoyed. I didn't answer, ignoring her.

She stood up angrily and placed her hands on her hips, looking at me.

"Blaze, I respected you when you told me, you wanted us to go slowly. But you don't even let me kiss you or touch you. I will not mention about having sex. You don't even touch me with your fingertip....Oh, of course, excluding when we are with your family." She said mockingly. "You are loving and affectionate towards me beside them. But when we are alone, you are cold and distant."

I breathed deeply, annoyed. "Carla, don't start."

She gritted her teeth. "Why are you with me? You don't want it. Do you think I am a fool who doesn't see it?" She snarled at me.

"What do you want, Carla? That I fuck you?!" I snapped. "Then I should inform you that you will be disappointed." I added bitterly.

Her face flushed with anger. "I will not be a rebound girl. You have to decide." She snapped as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"You can not be either. No one can make me forget her. She is my curse." I snapped as I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "I think we should end this meaningless shit." I added and left.